Caring for EZ Loader hubs

Leviathan

Registered Member
City
Arlington
I am new to trailering and have an EZ Loader 2005 trailer for my 150CC that has "permanent hubs" or something like that, where you can see the oil/grease level in the hub from outside thru the clear housing. Supposed to keep it at about 3/4 full. Anyone know how long these can go (hrs/miles) before new lubrication is needed?
Thanks

sorry , but no...How ever I like the those, I have the old stlye bearing buddie thing.

All my trailer says is check every 3,000 miles or 1 month. Call EZ-Loader to find out.

EZ-Loader
P.O. Box 3263
Spokane, WA 99220
Telephone (509) 489-0181

I'd guess they would go indefinitely or at least until the seals at the rear needed replacing. Mean time keep 'em full and you're good to go. When you do have a failure be prepared. Hang another hub with the spare and you're golden.

EZLoader Trailers ...

I found a link to the EZLoader site for trailer manuals that can help to answer your questions:

http://www.ezloader.com/Manual.asp

(Go to page 26 for the Oil Bath Lubricaton System)

I can't find a specified referral to changing the oil for mileage, but it stands to reason that "it depends...". If your hub oil turns murky-brown , it indicates the water has found a way in, ...and that would be a very good time to change the oil (and probably the O-ring). EZLoader does say in the manual that you should.. "check the bearing ADJUSTMENT every 2,000 miles or before every season, whichever is less." (page 27).
They also say .." Note: Bearing Lubricaton Systems are not a replacement for proper bearing maintenance." (page 26).

Um, I'm a new owner of a 2005 210cc with trailor. I have no manuals and don't know what you guys are talking about. I can see that my hubs have clear liquid in them, but I thought that was a problem with water leaking in. Is that normal???

Clear as like water? Your hubs should be filled with a heavy oil, I use 50/90 gear oil. You should maintain the oil level about half way up the hub.

To drain it pull the tire off (Grease your lug bolts while you're at it) and remove the 1/4' allen screw in the side of the hub.

I just take a big coffee can and some wire and hang the can under the hub and go have a cup of coffee as it takes a while for the oil to drain. Buy your gear oil in the bottle with the pointy end and it makes it easy to refill them.

When you replace that allen plug you'd best give it a good coating of never seize so it doesn't corrode in place.

If you have water in it that means your inside seals are gone and you need to pull the entire hub clean things up and replace the seals and the bearings.

Do both sides.

Back