cold water

ReelDive

Participating Member
City
Chipley
Was going out to dive today but water temp = 58 deg Air temp = 58 deg and 15 -20 mph winds. Had to abort!! the water temp was doable but the real killer was the wind..

Lets get down and get wet, Life is a dive

Cold water. heeheeee When I did my training dives I had to go into 37 deg water. of course that was early may in Sault Ste Marie. We were behind the power plant so there was a kickin current too...:):)

The coldest I have been in was 42 degrees. I really hate cold water dives. Thats why I do not dive much..anymore..Unless summer comes, and still 70-72 surface is not all that great. I LOVE>>>>> the 80 + so sweet to dive in. I need to move to Florida:D

k9reno said:
Cold water. heeheeee When I did my training dives I had to go into 37 deg water. of course that was early may in Sault Ste Marie. We were behind the power plant so there was a kickin current too...:):)

What are you, a seal?

I'll do < 60 deg water but not with the wind an 5-10 seas from my boat

Spending my kids inheritance one dive at a time

The coldest I've done was 54F degrees. We suited up, me with a 6.5mm wetsuit, and then walked over 1/4 mile in early Summer. We did a pit cavewith light penatration. I was so hot from the hike I didn't care how cold the water was.

Also did a night dive at Lake Jocassee, SC in late October a few years back. Bottom at 110' was 56F...burrrr!

Well I am not really that tough. I was wearing a wool socks and sweats under a dry suit. didnt help my head and hands though. :)

Back