East Wind

jebsr50

Participating Member
City
Port Charlotte
Hey Dave: Are you having as much fun as me with these east winds. Keeps up and we'll have to change it from skinny to skinless. Took a buddy to the flats yesterday and along with the exceptionally low tides and the winds, it was a challenge to say the least. best to you and yours...James

Hey Brother!
No, I have not made it out yet, but plan to in the morning... I have driven by the Flats I fish though and it looks like a major toilet flushed and emptied it all out :cool: Good time of the year though to find oyster beds and other cover that you normally cannot see for future fishing hot spots :) If it keeps this up though I am going to need a air-boat to get at anything :eek:

Keep in touch James and we will get up a trip here soon and Happy New Year to you and the Family :D

Happy New Year Dave. Right on the oyster beds and cover ect. Found one rusted crab pot on a flat I've been fishing for 10 yrs. Don't wanna hit that. One day maybe we can get up a trip, in the meantime the best to you and yours. James

Yea, that crab pot might be a little hard on the prop! I've got your number though and I will call you here soon for that flats hunting trip in your area... I will drag down the 190 and we will go thump a few Trout and Reds just drop me a PM and let me know the areas and I will scout it out beforhand using Google Earth to save us some time :cool:

The trip pretty much turned into a scouting trip since the water was so low however, we did manage to pick up two nice Sea Trout on the modified DOA Terror Eyes that I have used before so at least we were not skunked ;)

Back