Engine Warnings w/ Analog Gauges

Stoney

Participating Member
City
Marshfield
Hey Guys I am new to the site and just recently purchased a 2006 170cc with a Yamaha 75hp 4s. So far I absolutley love the boat. I do have many, many questions though. So here is one...I have the factory analog gauges, but the yamaha manual only talks about its digital gauges. How do I know if I am having engine trouble (overheating, water in fuel, low oil, etc) without any warning lights? Should I invest in the digital ones or will the analog ones be fine. Any help is appreciated. Thanks - MARK

Mark,
The analog guages are fine. If the engine overheats you'll hear a loud alarm go off. If you get water in your fuel the engine will quit. I don't think digital guages will help that problem. You should attach a water separator filter on your boat ASAP to solve that problem.It can be very expensive by doing major damage to your engine.Low Oil? Just check it everytime before you go out. Its easy to check.The new Yamahas are user friendly. Just flush it out with the built in hose nozzle on the engine. Don't run your engine when you flush it that way. I have a 170CC. I love it.I have not had a bit of trouble with the boat or my Yamaha 4 stroke. Enjoy your toy!!
John D.

Thanks John D! Hopefully I never hear that alarm. I had my F/W separator put in last week. I got the Yamaha 10 Micron. I also keep extra filters on board just in case. - MARK

Back