Fish finder

M

MrPike

I just bought a fish finder for my 150cc...any one with suggestions for easy installation...mostly for mounting the transducer?
P.S. it is a Humminbird 535. Thanks

Mr. Pike,
There's not really an "easy" method to install the transducer. It's not real difficult either. Just follow the instructions with the unit. Read them several times until you understand the theory and go by the old construction rule "measure twice, cut/drill once". The bracket that holds the transducer is designed to give you a little leeway in adjusting the transducer. I would make sure that the bracket is placed so that you think the proper setting will be in the middle of the bracket, then you'll have the greatest amount of adjustment available when you mount it. I've installed 2 on my 170CC so far and several more on other boats. I found that when I got over the fear of drilling a hole in the hull of my boat that I became more confident in the installation of electronics, stereo's, etc. As with everthing else that you "stick" on our plastic boats, make sure you use plenty of elastomeric sealant. The instructions usually tell you where not to put the transducer, but I try to get a few feet behind the boat , look at the transducer after mounting it and make sure that it points straight down so that you're not marking fish 50 feet to your left or right in deeper water. Look in the mods section and you may find some pictures that other owners have posted of their installation. Good luck!
John D.

Read the instuctions carefully. I would suspect that the transducer would need to be mounted away from the prop wash, slightly (milimeters) below the bottom of the hull with the wire running up the transom and into the splashwell routed with all your other motor wiring.

Whats the best way to get the wiring from the transom up to the console? I've been having a problem snaking my wires through. Any ideas?

Whats the best way to get the wiring from the transom up to the console? I've been having a problem snaking my wires through. Any ideas?

There should be a tube with a string in it that runs from the console to the transom. Look for it by removing the access plate in the splashwell and looking (reaching) to the starboard side. It should be somewhere near the edge of the gas tank. Under the console, it should come out where your steering cables go through the deck. Good luck.

Back