fishing with son

BigBird

Participating Member
City
CHARLOTTE
My son, Brice, was home from college-where he is in the middle of his senior year. He has been the school's year book editor the last two years and works so doesnt get home much.
We took the opportunity to go to Lake Wateree in SC to get in some catfishing. The water was muddy due to rain the previous week and day before-It took us a while to find some biting fish but caught a couple before my old friend from the coast discovered he lost his keys and spent the rest of the afternoon getting a lock smith and getting truck reprogrammed. After that he thought he better head back home. We also followed suit.
It was good to fish again with my friend from the coast and my oldest son.
In spite of that Brice caught a PB catfish of 25# and we also caught a handful of small ones and a low teenager. My friend has put me on big wahoo and tuna about 7 yrs ago and would have liked to put him on a big cat but will do again sometime soon.

Attachments

• brice 25# blue 112409.jpg
    brice 25# blue 112409.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 10
  • Brice.jpg
    Brice.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 10
Congrats on getting your son on a good fish. It's always nice to up those PBs, for sure. I really miss fishing Wateree, it's such a great fishery. You're fortunate to have that available.

Take care and tight lines.

Congrats on a good day with the boy, and tell him congrats on the PB.

Back