floscan

190steve.s

Participating Member
City
Charlotte
I have a 115 merc 2stroke 2001 what is everyone's opinion of the 5520b1 versus 7000 20b 1. The stated retail of 1K++ for the 9000 model is out of my range

We have the FloScan Model 5410-20A-1. 0-10 GPH scale, single engine, for all 4-cycle outboards PLUS 2-stroke Ficht, Optimax, and HPDI outboards (76 hp - 150 hp).

It looks like the model 5500. We love our FloScan and to us it is a very important instrument to have. Helps us keep track of gas used on an Excel spreadsheet so we know when we better be heading for the gas station. The Excel sheet also calculates the amount of Sta-Bil we need to add after each fill up.

Highly recommend FloScan.

OspreyVic, I checked out the FloScan websiuelght and they said that here may be a problem with the fuel reading.

Newer model engines with two fuel pumps (low and high pressure) may cause the FloScan instrument's GPH or LPH readings to fluctuate between 0 GPH/LPH and approximately 25-50 GPH or 95-190 LPH depending on the lift pump and engine size. This is due to the engine's lift, or low pressure pump, cycling on and off while filling the vapor separation module. Though the GPH/LPH readings may not be usable under this condition, the FloScan instrument will accurately record total fuel consumption as displayed in the totalizer window.

Do you have this problem with your Yamaha? I have 115 Yamaha.

Have to say I have not had that problem. Sure, we have had the guage go up and down, but I am not normally just looking at the guage.

Looking at my records, FlowScan gas used vs Actual gas used, the FlowSan is of by 2.404% in about 400 gallons. That is not something I can really complain about.

I am still looking ,home repair before toys. Just wondering if anybody has a navman fuel monitor and any comparisons good or bad between the two systems

Back