Future Owner ?

C

CubFanPete

I'm new to this site but went to one of the old sites often. I'm not in the market yet for a new boat but Triumph will be on my list when I buy. So occasionally I will post stupid questions I have on thoughts for my next boat.

Welcome to the site. I, like others, went to the old site on MSN and now I continue to learn on this site.

I would like to suggest that you read the "Article" on "Why our family bought a Triumph", maybe it will give you ideas.

Also, with almost 3,000 posts, you can spend many hours reading and learning.

I am just one of many that will try to help.

Vic in Osprey FL

Wired, fired and inspired - just purchased a new 17 CC with a 60 Hp 4 Stoke.

when checking all boats out...ask this one question.......do I want to polish my gell coat regularly????, or be able to just wash down and put away.
My time is important..heck I hate to wax my truck.

With Fiberglass, you have to spend more time maintaining your boat than you actually spend fishing in the boat. I'd rather go fishing, come home and wash the boat and then shower and do it all over again.

Triumph

One of the biggest mistakes I made was selling my 190. These boats are virtually indestructable, quiet and very forgiving in rough water.
The Triumph will absorb physical punishment that would send most fiberglass boats to the bodyshop - and not have a scratch doing it. I once lost control in a super fast rip-tide (trying to square up on the trailer) and bounced off a sharp edge of a concrete pier. Just knew I had punched a hole in the side. Once trailered, I dusted off the concrete cinder, only to find there wasn't even a scratch. NA-DA! nothing!
And when it comes time for clean up, you just hose it down. Not much sticks to the poly. Unfortunately that includes decals, numbers and graphics - which have a tendency to slide off if not installed correctly.
Lastly the boat is all a one piece mold. Solid as a rock. It is not capped together with screws and fasteners.
By all means make your decision "a Triumph".

Back