New 2015 Triumph 170 CC Owner Massachusetts

Quag

Registered Member
State
MA
Owner of a new 2015 Triumph CC with an upgrade to a 2017 75 HP mercury. I'm driving out to Kalamazoo MI from Mass to trailer her back Sunday. I will get a few weekends in before I have to winterize. My first retirement bucket list item. Retirement is about 2 years away. I will be in NC for 1/2 the year near Southport and probably in southern VT for the summers next to Lake Whitingham. I wanted a reliable boat I could trailer between the two places. I'm as excited as a 10 year old at Xmass. New boat, new engine.boat1.jpg

Nice! :cool:

Excellent! I love my 170CC and trailer it all over Cape Cod, off Cape to RI, and down to Cape Lookout, NC. Mine is a 2012 I bought new in the winter of '13-'14 and this is the third season I have had it. Just went over 700 hrs and almost 6000 miles according to the Garmin chart plotter/depth finder. It's a great boat and I hope you enjoy yours as much as I enjoy mine.

Excellent! I love my 170CC and trailer it all over Cape Cod, off Cape to RI, and down to Cape Lookout, NC. Mine is a 2012 I bought new in the winter of '13-'14 and this is the third season I have had it. Just went over 700 hrs and almost 6000 miles according to the Garmin chart plotter/depth finder. It's a great boat and I hope you enjoy yours as much as I enjoy mine.
Thanks I just trailered mine back from Kalamazoo MI to MA. I'm not new to boating but I'm new to trailering boats and finding boat ramps in Mass any advice is appreciated. Looking to add a Garmin chart plotter depth finder any tips?

My Garmin is the 540 series from the spring of '14 and I like it very much. It's user friendly and pretty intuitive. For me and the inshore fly fishing I do, I am much more interested in the navigation and chart plotting ability of the unit. And, of course, I need to know the depth, but I rarely use the sonar or "fish finder" features, so if that is important to you I can't offer much advice. The next one I buy will have a bigger screen though. Maybe the 741 series.

Depending on the fish and the conditions, I use 8 or 10 different ramps during the season. I really enjoy the mobility of a small CC on a trailer. If you have a specific area you want to access, maybe I can offer some advice. There are definitely a couple ramps I try to avoid, and they all have their good points and bad points. Just send me a message with any questions.

Have fun--I'm glad you made it back from MI safe and sound.

My Garmin is the 540 series from the spring of '14 and I like it very much. It's user friendly and pretty intuitive. For me and the inshore fly fishing I do, I am much more interested in the navigation and chart plotting ability of the unit. And, of course, I need to know the depth, but I rarely use the sonar or "fish finder" features, so if that is important to you I can't offer much advice. The next one I buy will have a bigger screen though. Maybe the 741 series.

Depending on the fish and the conditions, I use 8 or 10 different ramps during the season. I really enjoy the mobility of a small CC on a trailer. If you have a specific area you want to access, maybe I can offer some advice. There are definitely a couple ramps I try to avoid, and they all have their good points and bad points. Just send me a message with any questions.

Have fun--I'm glad you made it back from MI safe and sound.

Thanks I'll keep I'll PM you in the spring. I'm sticking to Lakes here in Central Mass, but I have the ocean off of SE Mass and RI in my target

Back