Fyi Permanent Trailer Tag

CRIMAR30

Participating Member
City
Hamlet
Bought my new boat in March,and after I bought it, I read in the paper about permanent tags available in North Carolina. Went to the DMV and asked about it, they said they were not available,so I called main office, they said YES they are, the people at the local office probably don't know how to do it, have them call the help desk.
To make a longer story short, I had paid the dealer when I bought the boat $19 for the year, so the permanent plate was $75, less the $19 I had already paid.

geesh I pay about $45 every year for tags for my trailer. the boat is a lot higher

sucks to be you out there, Finally here in so cal, we get a break, our permant tags are 10.00 For I think 10 years. :D

Fyi Permanent Tags

Curses, until seven years ago, I was a resident of Nothern California, and never knew that!!!

CRIMAR30-
How long is the permanent plate good for? If it is forever that is a well spent $75!
thanks- Bob

Fyi

Bob,
Well, there's no expiration date on my paper registration,and none of those month and year stickers on the plate itself, and the plate says permanent,so I assume it's forever, oh, there is one thing, they told me that if you sell it, the new owner doesn't get it.

Reactions: bob
Back