G'day world, I'm Roo.

R

Roo

Hello, I'm a new member from Australia. the triumph is new here so all the Poly boat people here are most excited about another plastic fantastic option available. I'm a Polycraft owner for now, but i like the look of the 170 and the 190 models. Probably would get a 170 CC as it would do all the things i like to do and still fit inside my garage:).

Here's a pic of my current ride. Hopefully I can upgrade to the triumph soon.

Cheers, Roo.

Attachments

• mac tuna1.jpg
    mac tuna1.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 32
Welcome, Roo!

Roo! Welcome aboard! Nice looking ride you have there. If you do decide to purchase a Triumph, you've found the right place to get all kinds of information about it. The folks here are really friendly and always willing to help out. Great to have you. In the mean time can you tell us where you do your boating and/or fishing? Any special conditions you encounter while you're out and about? Again, welcome.

Welcome Roo. We're all pretty excited for Triumph to be showing up down under. :cool: What type of fishing do you concentrate on?

Welcome Aboard Roo :D

déjí  vu :rolleyes:

Will it be Reel Fun Too for you Roo?

... Hoo-roo Roo!

Roo! Welcome aboard! Nice looking ride you have there. If you do decide to purchase a Triumph, you've found the right place to get all kinds of information about it. The folks here are really friendly and always willing to help out. Great to have you. In the mean time can you tell us where you do your boating and/or fishing? Any special conditions you encounter while you're out and about? Again, welcome.

Cheers for the warm welcome. As my friend Whitto will confirm, We have a much similar site here in Oz for owners of polycraft/plastic boats that has a very similar feel to this. strong support for fellow plastic comrades (www.polyboatowners.com)
As for my fishing and boating, I do a lot of estuary fishing both freshwater and tidal plus the occasional freshwater impoundments, almost all with lures (hard and soft). I do a little offshore fishing but only on the inshore reef areas around the NSW/QLD border area (just south of the Gold Coast). Special conditions we encounter here are in getting to the offshore reefs we have to cross a coastal bar. time the sets and punch out through the lull. Not for the faint hearted.........thats why i don't get out that much:rolleyes:. I'm not a fan of breaking waves on the bar even tho' I've been a surfer for 25years. I know the danger all too well and have seen too many boats come to grief crossing bars. I'll wait for a flatter day!! the poly boats are very capable, mine is only 4.55 mtrs and with 50hp, it gets along quite well, but you need to be aware of your own limitations. conditions can change very rapidly.

Welcome Aboard Roo :D

déjí  vu :rolleyes:

Will it be Reel Fun Too for you Roo?

... Hoo-roo Roo!

Haha :D SHRCUD Whitto!
How is your new ride shaping up? have you seen it yet? Has SHRCAN gone to its new home?

boat names are a funny thing. I saw a 4.55 in tweed recently with the name "Pee Vee Cee" I like names that give you a giggle:rolleyes:. Or maybe I'll go with the iconic "Super Roo" and throw on a the logo too!

Attachments

• Super_Roo[1].jpg
    Super_Roo[1].jpg
    5.5 KB · Views: 8
Last edited by a moderator:
How is your new ride shaping up? have you seen it yet? Has SHRCAN gone to its new home?

They tell me that my new 170DC is made ... and Triumph has notified the ship that it needs to be loaded for transport to Sydney ... this should happen within a week and the boat will be on the wharf downunder a couple of weeks later :D

SHRCAN is still getting me out on the water ... and more importantly back home safely ;)

The new owner is getting itchy, but then so am I :rolleyes:

I have always liked that Super Roo logo :cool:

Back