getting to the bulbs on a ezloader trailer??

Genelie

Recognized Leader and Retriver Guru
Lifetime Member
Premium Member
City
Lakeside
State
Ca
So I have the ezloader trailer....never in the 5 years of having have I checked the bulbs, Now that i figured how to get the red lens off.....HOW do you take off the clear lens protecting the bulbs....I did not want to pry to hard, did not want to break. I checked the manuel...nothing in there that tells you how.:confused:

There's a clear side lens that holds down one end of the cover over the bulb. Remove that and lift that end of the clear lens up. There's a clip on the other end that you can undo also. Should come off

I had a loose bulb and could not get my fat fingers in enough to do any bulb work. You can take both the clear and red lens's off to gain total access to the bulb and its socket. When I say the red lens I mean the lens off of the black plastic backing plate. I don't have my trailer here right now to look but I think they unscrewed from the backing plate. This way is much easier than trying to become double jointed in your digits!Trying to save time and not take something all apart to make it easier on you will lead to wasting more time doing it twice(At least in my case)!Sorry I could not remember for sure how to take them apart.

A trick for everything...

Hi G,

What makes the light waterproof is the way the cover is sealed (it works like an upside down cup). If you try to remove it, water will get in when you back the trailer down the ramp.

I'm sure there is a trick to remove the bulbs. Try a call to EZ Loader?

to remove the red plastic cover over the bulbs for the taillights. you first need toremove a screw in the upper outside corner of the cover. then there is a spot on the side where the cover snaps in. You push that in and the cover should come off. I had to do that for my ez loader trailer under my 210. I had to drill out the screw because the head was stripped. The bulb is sealed in a clear plastic unit under the red cover. a bit of a pain to change but not really that hard.

Back