Dave LeGear

Contributing Member
Lifetime Member
Premium Member
City
What's left of Pine Island
State
Florida
Hard pick up truck bed covers are nice and help clean up the air flow (reduce drag) at higher speeds, thus saving fuel and paying for the cost (good ROI) in due time. My wife and I both have one on each of our Tundra's.

Many of them though...
1. Just convert your truck bed into the world largest trunk (what Beth has on hers).
2. Takes 2 people to remove and hard to store without getting banged up and worse yet...
3. Kill your view while backing your boat down the ramp.

So on my truck I have this one http://www.advancecover.com/featuresandbenefits/ and love it for I can.
  • Lock up items inside my bed when towing or parked like my boat cover, rods, etc.
  • Carry taller items without taking the cover off!
  • Have forward bed section access without having to open the entire lid AND
  • Can flip it all forward, lower the tailgate, lower the power rear glass, and see the boat (even on low tides) as I back it down the ramp thus making it a 1 man job :)
Next to my Ez Hitch http://www.ezhitch.biz/ (another 1 man time and bumper saver) this bed cover is about the "Slickest Item" out for people who trailer boats, but still want a secure lockable storage space since they attached a mouse to the PC :p and I only wish (again) that I thought of it first :cool:

Enjoy!
Dave

Hey puter.
I have an advance cover on my supercrew also. it is a great cover. locks down fits tight and doent really limit the usability of the bed. I thought about the hard cover but figured to heavy and to much in the way. I also looked at the sliding covers but they take up to much bed space.

I've got the Access Roll-up cover. Looks great and rolls all the way up to the cab - has aluminum rods on the underside of the cover to keep it stiff. Great cover...

27b.jpg

Cincinnati
I like the pic of the truck and cover. Here is my baby and cover. Just back from the body shop.

Attachments

• towtruck.jpg
    towtruck.jpg
    164 KB · Views: 21
Back