Hello

wszeising

Registered Member
City
Aurora
Hi everyone, I'm a new member but not a new owner of a Triumph 150CC which I purchased new two years ago.

Glad to know about this forum as I have some comments and questions about the boat.

I use the 150CC for fishing here in coastasl NC just off the ICW. I like the boat except
it is stern heavy with the 50 HP Yamaha. Takes awhile to get up on plane. I have added wings on the motor and changed prop pitch which has helped. My opinion is that Triumph has the same bow to CC dimensions on the different size boats, , but as ther stern to CC dimension shrinks for the 150 CC, it causes it to be stern heavy.

Also, the two stern seats in the 150 are ridiculous as anyone sitting there compunds the stern heavy problem.
I also wasted my money by having the bottom painted by the dealer when I purchased it. Its a waste of money. The paint wears off and prevents nothing from growing. Best to keep the boat out of the water here in NC.

Please contact me if you have any questions regarding my boat.

Bill Zeising

Aurora, NC

Bill,
Use the search feature at the top of this page and type in smart tabs.You will find a lot of post about them on the 150CC. I think they are standard on the newer models from the factory with a specific motor. Remove the "wings" that you added to the motor and try the smart tabs. I owned a 170CC and it performed well with the 60HP Yamaha 4 stroke motor with 2-3 people on the boat. I had to position people and weight around the boat to get the best performance out of my set up. I have a 195CC now with the maximum horsepower engine. If the stern seats are used on any boat will make it dig in when you are trying to get up on plane. Check out the smart tabs and what others have said about them. It will make the 150CC perform a lot better. Search for bottom painting also.You will find that the preparation of our hulls has to be exact for bottom paint to adhere properly.Good luck.
John D.

Bill,

Is the paint wearing off because it is supposed to -- that is it's the ablative style of anti-fouling paint -- or is it flaking off because it didn't adhere to the hull?

If it is flaking off the hull, go get a refund (on the bottom work) from your idiot dealer. Bring Triumph's painting instructions with you so you can teach the dealer a new trick. You can find the instructions on Triumph's web site.

-- John

ps - welcome to the forum... it's a great resource.

Back