Hey Dick

IT'LL DO

Registered Member
City
Long Beach
I HAVE A 2004 21CC WITH A MERC OPTIMAX 200HP. JUST WONDERING WHAT YOUR RECOMMENDATION FOR PROP SIZE WOULD BE. CURRENTLY RUNNING A TROPHY 4 BLADE STAINLESS 19PITCH .:confused: :confused: :confused:

We have found that a 21P is the best all around prop when running a 200hp, you must have a great hole shot with your prop. You might be overreving your motor. I think you should try to get your max rpm around 5500-5700 rpm. We also like the 4 blades.

Dick

yeah thats the problem is my hole shot is more like can barely get it to plane. If there is three guys in the stern its not going to ever plane unless i go 6600 rpm. Ive had the outboard dynoed at my local merc dealer and every thing checked out properly. i think i have an issue with the hull or some hidden weight problems. I installed the inner hull drain acuse i thought maybe i was holding water weight but that wasnt the problem so i really dont know what to do... Im thinking of selling the boat... its just not performing up to par.Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated... thank you taylor.

Wow looks like a serious blow to these bulletproof boats if your considering selling so soon.
Johnson Marine any help to you? This is certainly a deal breaker to any perspective buyers such as myself. Hope it all works out.

6600 RPM is kind of on the high side and it really sounds like you are not getting enough bite of the water with that prop. So I would ...
  • Test both the weight of the boat by taking it to a scale and
  • I would also consider using a Pro Pulse prop that has an adjustable pitch and it change the pitch till you get the performance you are looking to achieve. Pitch alone though is not everything for prop diameter and cup design can effect such... More information on them though can be found on this thread http://www.performanceoutdoors.net/forums/showthread.php?t=431&highlight=pulse and some others on the site. Just use the site search tool to look them all up ;)
Let know how you make out :)

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: thanks for the input.. im taking the boat to johnson marine, Ontario Ca. first week in april... There techs are going out to triumph factory for some training, so they can be considered a full service triumph dealer. Spoke with Dave XXXXX from triumph several times, super friendly and helpful guy. He believes I may have a "hook" in the bottom of the boat. So i dont know , I'll keep you posted on the outcome'''' taylor.Just want to get this resolved so i can get the performance and quit wasting $$$$$$$ getting about 115 nm per 70 gallons of fuel

I have a hard time believing a 210CC with a 200 hp 2S can't get on plane. I wonder if your motor is mounted at the correct height, ie: has enough propeller bite in the water. If you are getting 6600 rpm with a 21P you should be flying, literally. (I would also have the rev limiter checked, that seems to be over reved slightly.) Have the dealer check to see if you have the motor correctly mounted. A year or so ago, others discussed this problem. They found that the motor had to be mounted as far down as it would go to get the correct flow under the ventilation plate to achieve maximum thrust.

I am no expert but thought I would throw this out for your consideration. I also don't know what a "hook" is in the bottom but a visual inspection should tell you if there is any anomily that could drag that much.

codfish

P.S. I remember you had trouble before, we thought it was a water weight issue and you found no problem there. The next thing has to be something with water flow past the propeller. I would hate for you to have to get rid of the boat for an issue that has to have a simple solution. Good luck.

Back