Hole in block.

Dodgefan09

Registered Member
State
FLORIDA
Has anyone ever had this issue. I bought this boat a week ago and today I noticed some water dripping from the cover while running it. Looked deeper to find water coming from this area. Picked at it and I thing they tried to seal it because the hole got bigger. Any advice or what I should do next.

Attachments

• B611384E-475C-4228-A3E8-A95A6D17530E.jpeg
    B611384E-475C-4228-A3E8-A95A6D17530E.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 14
  • 47189099-595C-4D66-A61B-C2D22080D1B4.jpeg
    47189099-595C-4D66-A61B-C2D22080D1B4.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 13
  • 1F983A6B-94CD-4752-875D-D29170DC0BE3.jpeg
    1F983A6B-94CD-4752-875D-D29170DC0BE3.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 14
  • 830EFA03-0AB2-4C58-B708-A7A8435D89CC.jpeg
    830EFA03-0AB2-4C58-B708-A7A8435D89CC.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 13
Replace "that" housing and looks to be part of the T/Stat assy. And that hose I believe goes the water pressure gauge if you have one on the console?

Use the Yamaha Website (see below) to look up that part number and you will need your engine s/n found on the tilt bracket near the stern.

http://yamahamc.partsandwarranty.com/SyndicateNav.cfm

Then once you secure the needed Part numbers (inculding gaskets) just drop those numbers into Google and find the best source for them.

Hope this helps?
Dave

Replace "that" housing and looks to be part of the T/Stat assy. And that hose I believe goes the water pressure gauge if you have one on the console?

Use the Yamaha Website (see below) to look up that part number and you will need your engine s/n found on the tilt bracket near the stern.

http://yamahamc.partsandwarranty.com/SyndicateNav.cfm

Then once you secure the needed Part numbers (inculding gaskets) just drop those numbers into Google and find the best source for them.

Hope this helps?
Dave
No it’s not the housing.

The T/Stat is going into it section of the engine be it a separate housing, this or part of the front cover of the engine and "if lucky" is a separate component (not an entire short block) that you can buy.

The parts blow up on the link above, should show you once you supply the needed sorting data so you can see all of the engine section ;)

The T/Stat is going into it section of the engine be it a separate housing, this or part of the front cover of the engine and "if lucky" is a separate component (not an entire short block) that you can buy.

The parts blow up on the link above, should show you once you supply the needed sorting data so you can see all of the engine section ;)
Wish I was that lucky. I looked again. It’s past the housing.

Attachments

• EF764686-1C6F-4ED7-94EA-F61135B026B8.jpeg
    EF764686-1C6F-4ED7-94EA-F61135B026B8.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 12
Yep it's definitely the block. Sorry you didn't see that before you laid out the money. Hopefully someone can weld it. Otherwise.......$$$$

Edit...... does Florida have any disclosure laws? Seems to me you got taken. The previous owner obviously knew about it. If from a dealer, they should make good on it too.

Yep it's definitely the block. Sorry you didn't see that before you laid out the money. Hopefully someone can weld it. Otherwise.......$$$$

Edit...... does Florida have any disclosure laws? Seems to me you got taken. The previous owner obviously knew about it. If from a dealer, they should make good on it too.
Not sure

Going to try exopy first. Can’t hurt

Find a welder and have him or her place a nice neat patch on top and give it some paint. It will look professional and won't be the cause of more issues, although how the heck did that happen? That's the bigger issue at hand. I assume you didn't get the engine checked by a mechanic before the purchase. I understand why people forgo survey's but the engine in my opinion is the most expensive part of a boat so I always pay a marine tech to do a quick looky loo. Good luck and sorry your adventure has started on the sour side, id go back to the buyer and work something out now before its too late.

Going to try exopy first. Can’t hurt
I'm guessing that the previous "fix" was done with epoxy and failed. I'd consider epoxy to be a band-aid at best. Just my opinion, of course.

Definitely visit a welding shop. They can carefully dress the wound, and then weld it in nice. Only way to go short of replacing expensive parts.

Not to be the grim reaper but this looks like some pretty deceitful tactics to turn a boat over.
I would plan on pulling other block zincs and see what water cavities look like.
I have never seen corrosion do that typically
Suspect owner not big on salt away flushes during ownership
Engine total hours?
Just pulled my block zincs snd thermostats at 540 hrs and was actually impressed with low level of salt buildup on yammy F250.
Sorry you are dealing w this type of issue

Under 400 hours. The hole issue has been solved. Too it out and ran perfect. Where are all the anodes students on a 50 hp

Back