Dave LeGear

Contributing Member
Lifetime Member
Premium Member
City
What's left of Pine Island
State
Florida
So much for taking out the boat this weekend... I got a safety recall notice today (recommending that I not use the engine till replaced) about a shifter arm on my engine that could fail...

Knowing my luck if I did take it out it would fail, and I would not have enough juice in the batteries for the trolling motor to make it all the way back to the ramp :rolleyes: So you may want to check with Honda (may be on their web site also) to see if yours is also affected if you own one of the above engine models ;)

Just an update on this thread, I was up at my Honda dealer last week and they checked to see if my new 150 was in the recall, fortunately it wasnt. But as I understand the problem as told to me by the Service manager, the shifting arm can break off when shifting into gear and it will leave you in the forward gear. Hopefully if it does happen you still should be able to make it back, docking would be fun though!

Cheers and tight lines for the weekend
Piledriver

Mine is ready to pick up now, and I had some other things done while it was in the shop like a new water pump impeller installed. The engine also had developed a miss at idle (was thinking injector myself) here of late?

Come to find out the bottom spark plug (of course the one that is the hardest to reach) had failed and some new plugs were installed under warranty ;) Now that the boat is ready for pick up though (like when I take the cover off of it) I bet it will rain! Ha-Ha...

All of the Service Staff over at Sunray Marine though (local Honda dealer) were great to deal with and only had the boat a week! Considering that I did not buy my boat there (though should not matter in my opinion) to me, that is very fast turn around time for sure :D and even more so this time of the year... So if you are in need of engine service or repairs in the Tampa Bay area, I cannot recommend them enough! :)

Back