Hurricane Katrina 190 Bay

C

cub

New to me. 2003 Triumph Bay 190 on E-bay listed by usauction.com. Salt water damaged in hurricane Katrina. I picked it up on Sep 11 , 2006 and I just finished with all the repairs. I put new switches and circuit breaker in the console and I rebuilt the 2004 Yamaha 115 four stroke. It only had 44 hours on the motor, but the salt water had corroded the the head and the top of 2 cylinders. I did all the work myself. It looks and runs like new. The only thing I have left to do is get a windsheild and icechest seat. I have a total of 7679.00 in it. :)

Way to go Cub! Very cool that you did all the work yourself. We would love to see some pictures of the finished product. :)

Congratulations man it sounds like you made a wise choice. I too have a 2004 w/Yamaha 115, mine had not been drownt tho.....I absolutely LOVE the boat, it's very stable for its' size...nice beam.

Lose the speedo if it has one and invest in a decent GPS to make use of the range the thing will give you.

Regards.....tight lines!!

It must fell good to be handy and it sounds like you are. Glad that the rebuild went well. Now go catch some fish and show us the boat. Good job cub.
Catch em up, Bob

Wow! What an undertaking! I hope you took some before and after pictures and are willing to share them. Sounds like you've got a great boat along with the satisfaction of knowing you did it all. Great job!!!

I am new to this site. How and where do I attach pictures? Cub from south Louisiana

The Yamaha digital tach survived the sinking but the digital speed did not. I picked up a 5 gauge set on e-bay and I am using the new speed, fuel and volt gauges. I have an old 1998 Garmin GPS12 but I did not run full throttle yet on the rebuilt motor (breaking in new rings). What is your top speed?

I would put a leaning post with rcoket lauchers and removable cooler rather than the cooler bench seat.

Back