Lectrotab Trim Tab Systems (Advantages & Member Only Discounts)

Dave LeGear

Contributing Member
Lifetime Member
Premium Member
City
What's left of Pine Island
State
Florida
In some boats weight is not as much of an issue, but in Flats and Technical Polling Skiffs the less weight on the Stern, the better... Be that as it may, any boat that has less weight will burn less fuel due to less hull drag. And it will save even more fuel, if trimmed out correctly for those Sea States :)

I also firmly believe in that old saying and concept of "The less plumbing, the less possibility of leaks" and this applies to many things and not just Trim Tabs, Boats, or even Plumbing for that matter ;) This though is where the Lectrotab system design really shines since it is all Electromechanical and as such, has no pumps or hoses to install and or leak!

There is also a nice auto retract feature (pending the control switch you buy) that is really nice to have. I do want to advise you that if you are using these on Flats Skiff to have it wired to auto retract not at the ignition switch, but at the battery switch. No need to flush out all those fish you are trying to sneak up on, just because went to start the Outboard by mistake :(

So if you are in the Market for an upgrade to your current system. This or replacement to an older system that is now giving you troubles? I feel you would be well served to spend a little time reviewing how the Lectrotab system is designed, has less overall weight, less noise, and it's excellent product warranty :D It is also "Made in the USA" which helps with peace of mind knowing your system or upgrade dollars spent, are Staying Home here in the USA :cool:

made-in-usa-logo.png

10612597_825469050807032_6985173441905116563_n.jpg

Now I have attached to this thread some very information .PDF files that shows the Features and Benefits of the Lectrotab system design with it's fewer working components, and some of the options you can add to the system.

Lastly, I am most happy to announce that Lectrotab and Performance Outdoors are working together on some exclusive and Simply Awesome discounts for our Premium Members to use when buying from Lectrotab! More on those exclusive discounts in the very near future this as we work out all the details for you to use them.

Now If you are in the middle of a Trim Tab system repair, or in need of controller upgrade (say for auto leveling) right at this time that is not a problem... Just send me a message from here on the Site, and I will be happy to work with you and Lectrotab in securing those discounts! Last I need to get is a message from one of our members saying "Dang Dave, I wish I could have used that last week, would have saved me a ton of money" while Randy and I are just working out the programming details ;)

Tight Lines!
Dave

Attachments

• Lectrotab_Brochure_2014.pdf
    7 MB · Views: 14
  • Lectrotab Retro-Fit FlyerV2_Oct12.pdf
    2.4 MB · Views: 7
Just a quick update that Dan our SME who is from Lectrotab (Thanks again Dan!) has sent me over a listing of great discounts for our members here on Performance Outdoors for many of their common Trim Tab Kits :D

The reason we call them kits, is due to the nature of Trim Tab systems, and not knowing which hull any one combo is going on? As such, they are grouped together as a P/N kit with the major components being the size of the actual tab and naturally the actuators needed to drive them. You can find the Lectrotab system guide on this link: http://www.lectrotab.com/order-guide/configure-your-trim-tab-system.php#trimTabPlateSizes

Now as announced on a related posting in this same section, we have different levels / percentages of discounts for our members and much larger discounts for premium members! :cool:

Once I work out all the 6th grade level math in Excel :p I will get then posted just a soon as possible. In the mean time... If you are having troubles with your present Trim Tab system, looking to replace your current system or make system upgrades... Please feel free to send me a PM and I will be happy to send you over the correct discount code "before" you call them to discus your needs ;)

Best,
Dave

Good Afternoon Everyone!
Another great savings offer from our partners over at Lectrotab

Lectrotab part number XKASB9X9 (list $964, discounted to $819.40) just for our Members! Now the kit contains two flat SS 9X9 tabs, two 12vdc actuators w/23’ extended cable and one Oval LED control with auto retract.

Now you can get these saving simply by calling them direct, and giving them the discount code of PO15
And you can reach them 804-368-8428 or 1-888-LECTROTAB or if you have some general or after hour questions, you can always drop them a note direct at sales@lectrotab.com

Now our Premium Members can secure even greater savings on this product from Lectrotab (and other Site Partners) once you upgrade your membership. Some of these discounts would cover your costs for the Membership Upgrade for years! You can find those listed on our Premium Member only Forum though ;)
Now how to join? Simple, just click on the link for the list of benefits and instructions on how to do such here: Subscribe to Performance Outdoors

Again, many thanks to Dan one of our SME's and the President of Lectrotab, who extended these gracious discount offers to us for both levels of our members here at Performance Outdoors!

All My Best,
Dave
Associate Administrator

Good Morning!
And today we have another discounted system from Lectrotab :)

Lectrotab part number XKASB9X12 which has the same basic components as the one above, but this one includes 9x12 sized tabs. This one lists for $983.00 but as a member of Performance Outdoors and by using the discount code you can get it for $835.55.

Now you can get these saving simply by calling them direct, and giving them the discount code of PO15
And you can reach them 804-368-8428 or 1-888-LECTROTAB
Or if you have some general or after hour questions, you can always drop them a note direct at sales@lectrotab.com

Now our Premium Members can secure even greater savings on this product from Lectrotab (and other Site Partners) once you upgrade your membership. Some of these discounts would cover your costs for the Membership Upgrade for years! You can find those listed on our Premium Member only Forum though ;)
How to join? Simple, just click on the link for the list of benefits and instructions on how to do such here: Subscribe to Performance Outdoors (report)

Again, many thanks to Dan one of our SME's and the President of Lectrotab, who extended these gracious discount offers to us for both levels of our members here at Performance Outdoors!

All My Best,
Dave
Associate Administrator

Good Afternoon!
And today we have another discounted system from Lectrotab just in time for Fathers Day :cool:

Lectrotab part number XKASB12X9 which has the same basic components as the one above, but this one includes 12x9 sized tabs. This one also lists for $983.00 but as a member of Performance Outdoors and by using the discount code you can get it for $835.55.

And you can reach them 804-368-8428 or 1-888-LECTROTAB
Or if you have some general or after hour questions, you can always drop them a note direct at sales@lectrotab.com

How to join? Simple, just click on the link for the list of benefits and instructions on how to do such here: Subscribe to Performance Outdoors

Many thanks to Dan one of our SME's and the President of Lectrotab, who extended these gracious discount offers to us for both levels of our members here at Performance Outdoors!

Tight Lines!
Dave
Associate Administrator

Big Announcement today on some discount offers from our friends over at Lectrotab just for you, our Registered Members!

The discount code of PO15 (which = 15% off list) now works for any products, kits or parts and this now includes both the Lectrotab and Sentry Marine Chargers entire product lines :cool:

lectrotab-box-3_web.jpg

home_charger_voyager.png

Now you can get these great savings simply by calling them direct, and giving them the discount code of PO15 when ordering and you can reach them at 804-368-8428 or 1-888-LECTROTAB

Or if you have some general or after hour questions, you can always drop them a email note direct at
sales@lectrotab.com or sales@sentrychargers.com

Here is the homepage links to both of their product lines...
Now our Premium Members can secure much greater savings on this product from Lectrotab (and other Site Partners) once you upgrade your membership. Some of these discounts would cover your costs for the Membership Upgrade for years! You can find those listed on our Premium Member only Forum though :D

How to join? Simple, just click on the link for the list of benefits and instructions on how to do such here:
Subscribe to Performance Outdoors

My personal thanks to Dan, one of our SME's and the President of Lectrotab / Sentry, who has now expanded these great product discount offers to us at Performance Outdoors! Some of these savings as denoted in past specials are many dollars pending which kits or products you are looking to order ;) And even if just for single parts or accessories, 15% off would do a lot to help save on shipping or sales tax costs if that even applies to your order?

All My Best,
Dave
Associate Administrator

2014 Triumph 186 Sportsman I am very interested in these w/ the automatic level control.
I was looking at the Lencos on the new Warrior hulls which prompted the thought.
Why

Good Evening!
In my many chats with Dan, the auto level feature does have a few seconds delay time as the system works on getting the boat level again. And if I am not mistaken, is intended for boats over 20 feet and I suspect that is due to the delay time the CPU needs to level her back out.

That does not mean it would not work out for your needs and they may be able to help you "fine tune" the system settings to suit your needs, so by all means do call them! And let them know that the guys from Performance Outdoors.Net sent you and give them the discount code ;)

Let us know how you make out if you would!

Best,
Dave

2014 Triumph 186 Sportsman I am very interested in these w/ the automatic level control.
I was looking at the Lencos on the new Warrior hulls which prompted the thought.
Why
Hi,

As Dave said, we suggest using the ALC on boats starting at 20' but have had a few installations on boats less than this successfully. You can adjust the "Gain" setting on the ALC that will allow the tabs to respond faster (within 5 to 6 seconds) to an unlevel boat. If you would like to try it out, I will refund your money if it does not work to your satisfaction. Just keep the ALC looking like new and this would be no problem to do.

You can visit our website at lectrotab.com for more technical information about the ALC.

Thanks,
Dan

Thank You for the response. I am considering.
Merc150 4S w/ 6" Bobs JackPlate on 2014- 186 Triumph Hull.
9.9 Kicker

Something I just received from Dan, and think it is a great way to compare Lectrotab products to others in the Market. If time to buy that new Skiff or upgrade your present one with a new set of tabs, do feel free to reach out to them or myself for some help selecting the best ones for your needs :D

And let them know that the guys from Performance Outdoors.Net sent you and don't forget the Discount Code for some extra savings :cool:

Best,
Dave

Attachments

• Lectrotab Advantage over Lenco and Bennett 2020.pdf
    72.7 KB · Views: 5
And to practice what I preach (as the old saying goes) a set / system of Lectortab's are going on the next Skiff (like the last) that is now the final design phase for building in the near future ;)

A full write up on it what was chosen and why, will be on a new and separate article. But needless to say, that we are getting excited to have "Her" next Skiff built, and it suit our Ecosystem and Fishing needs so well!

And pleased though after much research into many products and product lines, to have Lectrotab installed upon it for many reasons, mostly weight and reliability for she is getting built truly as a "Run and Gun" or maybe better stated for remote trips to The Keys as an example, "Hitch and Go" with the least amount of downtime as well as best product Support as possible :)

So if you are in the process of getting / updating or upgrading your present Trim Tab system. Or adding an Auto Leveling Switch to your present configuration. Do feel free to reach out to them or myself, for some help selecting the best ones for your needs!

And let them know that the guys from Performance Outdoors.Net sent you and don't forget about the Discount Code for some extra savings!

Tight Lines!
Dave

Back