Lenco Trim Tabs

SubmersibleGeek

Registered Member
City
Marina
So I was reading the manual on the Lenco Trim Tabs that came on my boat. The book says that the tabs are supposed to auto retract when power is secured. Mine do not.

Does any one have trim tabs that auto retract upon loss of power? I am trying to find out if there is something wrong.

Yeah buddy. On my 235 , shut down motor, whirrrrz, they are retracted, nice. Fishin line don't get caught up by the wiley homeguard

I think you have to have a specific trim tab switch to make it auto retract. The LED one that cost about $300.
John D.

Trim Tabs

Fridaysoff is correct, the Lencos have the capability to auto-retract provided they are connected to a switch with this feature or an external retractor.

John D. is correct about the LED switch. You can find more info here:
Switches

Hey guys, thanks for all the info. After reviewing the wiring diagram I put a call into Lenco to confirm my suspicion. The auto-retract is an option that comes off the control box and not the switch. If your control box has a single orange lead coming off it in addition to the red and black power leads then you have the auto-retract option. Mine does, it is just not connected. To get it working the orange lead must be connected to a 12V on/off power source. I will be connecting it to my analog tachometer (must be analog, not digital) I'll confirm correct operation once I make the connection.

What I said before was not historically correct. The auto-retract used to be connected to the switch but is wasn't only the LED switch that gave you the feature.

At one time the standard switch did not have the auto-retract option (switch part number 124)
You could get the standard switch with auto-retract (part number 124R)
The led switch always had the auto-retract option. (part number 123)

Now all switches (standard #124SSR and led 123SC) come with the auto-retract option, the difference now is with the control box and the existance of a orange lead.

So, what I am saying is that if you have older trim tabs it is not as simple as looking for an orange lead. To have the auto-retract you must have both 1 and 2 below
1) the orange lead
2) Switch #124R or switch #124SSR or any version of switch #123.

When I figure out how to identify the switch I'll let you know.

One last thing about auto retractable trim tabs , mainly for 235 owners since they are recessed into the hull. Alway manually retract before landing boat on trailer, if you are off line alittle you may damage them on the bunks

Mike, Boaters World has it for $240.00, which is still VERY EXPENSIVE. I do admit however, we changed our unit for the one with the LED indicator and am happy we did. It makes making adjustments much easier. Did not like spending the money but happy with the results.

Back