"my new" used triumph 190 Bay

BigBird

Participating Member
City
CHARLOTTE
After a year of looking for a suitable used boat/motor package in my price range-I am the proud owner of a 2002 Triumph Bay 190, with a 90 Yamaha. I wanted the reliability/economics of 3 cyl-2 stroke-90hp. My 1988 3 cylinder Yamaha 40 has been bullet proof for 10 years. The only repair I have done is to install a stator.
I am moving up from a 17 skiff. Maiden voyage on windy day on Lake Wylie went well. Man, there is alot of difference from a small skiff to the Triumph Bay.
I am not a mechanical pro but a self proclaimed handy man. Successfully installed my helm depth finder/gps on saturday. Although, I need to iron out the blinking at WOT.
Other projects I need to do is troubleshoot electrical to trolling motor, install cleat in center bow (currently has anchor swing like crazy), trailer tongue steps, bow depth finder install, storage maximization & purchase a boat cover.
Not sure I have the dough to purchase a nice leaning post right now, has anyone elevated there cooler seats to "leaning height"?
Anyone near Charlotte, NC or in SC that fishes for cats and stripers-give me a shout! I have alot of river experience, but outside a handful of trips to santee, am a beginner at reservoir fishing.
Keep on postin the project pictures- I will have some pdq!

Congratulations on the 190 BigBird and welcome aboard! :)

Welcome aboard BigBird, I fished for cats on Lake Marion on a guided pontoon boat last Sept., with the water level down about 10 feet from normal. We caught about 10 small ones.

JimW

Welcome BigBird and congrats on your "new" ride. I'm a "Cat Lover" myself. While the Striper reigns supreme up here in the Chesapeake Bay region, I'd much rather target those scaless giants of the deep. Now's the time to get that boat decked out and slimed up! Tight lines.

Hey Guy,

I live in Lexington, NC. Should get up sometime and you could show me some river tips and I can give you the Lake info! I'm still waiting on my Bay to get here. It is killing me......jb

Thanks for the welcome. I have been scanning all the pics for some rod holder mods as well as low cost helm seat ideas.

Back