National Safe Boating Week

cagrove

Contributing Member
Just a reminder to all that next week, May 16 - 22, is National Safe Boating week. If you haven't done so already, this would be a good time to go over your safety gear and make sure it is in proper operating configuration. It's also a good time to check the expiration dates on those aerial flares and signaling devices. A quick look at the fire extinguisher to make sure it's fully charged is also a good idea. This would also be a great time to take one of those online boating safety courses...or better yet, take one in the classroom. Make sure it's approved by the National Association of State Boating Law Administrators (NASBLA).

To make sure you've covered everything, call up the local USCG Auxiliary (USCGAUX Home - United States Coast Guard Auxiliary) and have them do a safety check.

Check out the Coast Guard's Boating Safety Division for more ideas and info. Make sure you check out the "Alerts" section on the left hand side of the main page. I found out my fire extinguisher had a recall on it from there. It's worth the time to go through it.

Take care and have a great summer of enjoying our Triumphs.

Safe boating and tight lines.

Chuck, an excellent suggestion.

Every year, before we get the boat wet (which means January) we have a Coast Guard inspection by the Coast Guard Auxiliary. I get a new inspection sticker, which I must attach while the inspector is present.

We just feel that safety should be our top priority.

Back