Need some trailer info and help

B

BobK

I have a 2001 Logic/Triumph 150SC that I just got back from it's spring servicing. My mechanic noticed that the trailer springs, axle and hubs are showing excessive rust due to a previous owner (I've had it for just over a year) using the boat and trailer extensively in salt water. The springs are starting to straighten out and I don't want to trailer the boat any great distance as is. I have a trip planned in September to Canada and want to take my boat.
The trailer is a 2001 Load Rite trailer, and I have found out from Load Rite's customer service reps that my trailer model has been discontinued, and Load Rite and Triumph haven't worked together in about 5 years.

I want to replace the trailer with a new one, and have two Load Rite trailer dealers in close proximity to where I live.

Does anyone know what brand of trailer new Triumphs are being sold with, and what model would the 150 would work with.

NCAngler - is this something you could check with your factory contacts?

Thanks

Triumph has been working with EZ Loader for the past several years. Some folks like Osprey Vic have gone with custom trailers (see his article in the Articles section on the purchase of his boat for more info). The key is to make sure the bunk configuration meets Triumphs requirements to support the hull. You can download the 150 trailer bunk support schematic here: Triumph Boat Owners Network - Triumph Owner Downloads - 150 Trailer Bunk Support

I will forward this to Triumph support to see if they will add anything. :)

From the factory:
We use EZ loader trailer exclusively. They build trailers custom for our boats.

Thanks for the info. I have already been in contact with Hooked on The Bay and they are going to fix me up with a new EZ-Loader trailer. While I have the boat there I am also having smart tabs installed. From what I have read on this site and from what Hooked on The Bay says, it will be like driving a new boat. I will also not have to worry about any problems on the road when I go to Canada in September. From what I discovered doing research on this little project, Load Rite is now importing parts from China which is one of the reasons that Triumph no longer uses their products. Got to love that decision!

Thanks again.

BobK

You are very welcome. Good move on the Trim Tab install. You won't regret it. The folks at Hooked on the Bay are great to work with. i've met them in person and they are good folks. :)

Hi Jim,
I will say hi for you. Wayne has been very helpful and I look forward to meeting him Saturday morning. I am going to drop off my 150 to have some smart tabs installed, and then when the trailer is ready, he will lift the boat onto it and I will drive back down from Lancaster to pick it up. I appreciate the tip on replacement parts, but don't think that is the route I want to go. I will take the hit, and go with a brand new trailer. It will be nice to have oil bath bearing protectors, bigger radial tires and the security of knowing that nothing is going to break, fall off or who knows what on my next run to Canada in September. Can't wait to try out the boat with the smart tabs.
Take care,
Bob

Back