New 170 CC Owner

iambroke

Registered Member
City
Littlestown
Hey everyone! Been reading the visitors and other forums for help in deciding which boat to buy. Everything I read and researched led to the purchase of a 2008 170CC with a 50hp Honda 4 stroke. Picked the boat up at Hooked on the Bay Saturday, put it in the water in the Chesepeak, (sp) Bay near Kent Narrows and feel in love with it. Put it in again Sunday morning- same results. Thanks to everyone for their help even though they didn't realize it. By the way this is my first boat !!

Congrats on the New Boat

Hi Broke,

If you think you're broke now, wait until you start shopping for all the accessories there are in your local marine store.

Meanwhile, enjoy the boat. With the 17 footer and the 4 stroke, you will laugh as you pass the BIG gas eating boats.

Welcome IAMBROKE,

This site helped us to decide to buy our 2003 170DC about 15 months ago. After 150 hours or so on the main engine, and probably aanother 30 or so on the trolling motor, we're happy as can be with our choice. Hope your enjoy yours as much as we have.

Ron

Welcome aboard iambroke,
You made a great decision on your boat, and your dealer. I've had mine since March and love it (got it at Hooked on the Bay also). Oh yeah, save some of the those Kent Island crabs for me.
Jim W

Congratulations iambroke (like the username :)) on the new 170CC. :D

Welcome

Your gonna Love it! and yes you will be broke if you buy all the toys like I have been. Enjoy

Congrats! And enjoy. My '02 170CC is about our 5th boat. Bought is a year ago & lovin it.
This is a great & extremely helpful website.
BobW

10-4 and congrats on the new purchase.....:)

Just picked up a Logic 186 Bay Boat, 2001 year model....so far a great ride ....will have a final test drive this Saturday.....:)

<*)))))>{

Welcome aboard iambroke - what part of PA are you from? I am located in Lancaster, and am familiar with Hooked on The Bay - great store and great folks. I recently bought a used 2001 Logic 150 SC and am very happy with it, but am already thinking about my next boat which will be a Triumph 17CC. How is that 50 HP motor pushing our boat? I have a 40HP Johnson on my 150 and it seems slightly underpowered. From what I have been reading on this forum, dealers tend to put smaller engines than the max recommended to help keep the cost down. I have a friend that has a 17' Key West CC with a Honda 90HP 4 stroke, and that baby really moves.
Take care and enjoy the bay. With this heat wave we are having I would say you bought at the right time.
BobK

Congrats on both boat and dealer you will be happy with both. I also live in PA and fish north Bay

Gregg

Let me add my welcome. I have a 05 170cc with the Yamaha 60F. Great boat and sips gas. I fish the other end of the Chesapeake in the James/York River areas.

Back