New 215CC Owner

roadkillray

Registered Member
City
Temple Hills
After a lot of research I bought a 2008 215 CC w / T-Top w/ 150 hp Yamaha 4 stroke and looking very forward to many years of boating fun and service :D it seems like a very good investment

those of you that have the T-top as well as the curtains, do you leave them attached to the T-Top rolled up or do you detach and store in boat or else where ??

Ray
AKA Roadkill Ray

Welcome aboard Ray and congratulations! I left my curtains rolled up off the boat.

Congrats on the new boat, and welcome aboard. I may see you out on the bay some day.

I've got the YR2007 215 with T-top and curtains and leave them on all the time rolled up for 2 reasons: 1) you never know when you'll need them and 2) no where to store them (safely).

Hope you enjoy the boat as much as I enjoy mine.

BeeReel do you roll up the front curtain as well .. I have noticed that there isnt any straps to hold it up once you fold and roll it up

No just the side curtains. I have never even opened the small, zippered front window. I'm in New England so it never really gets that hot out on the <70 degree water that I require a breeze.

When trying to gain access to the dry storage area under t6he consol, it is an inconvienent having to undo the front/sides, but I try to store items there that I only rarely should ever need when out on the water.

I also removed the factory installed windshield and stored it away in the garage (to keep the rubbing points on the vinyl to a minimum).

I just invested in a cover from Coversinc.net I invested a lot of money in a great boat no scense in cutting corners and not protecting it with the best :)

I think I bought from the same dealer, custom version for the 215 TE. Seems to be a very well constructed cover. I put the cover over the boat once to see that the general fit was OK but haven't tried to buckle it down tightly. It will be a snug fit since I've added the Taco 270 outriggers mounts on top of the T-top.

I have a 2007 215 and boat out of Wilmington, NC. I leave my curtains attached, rolling them up and down as needed. I only trailer it 3 miles to the ramp. If I had to trailer it long distances, I'd remove them ; they catch alot of wind at 50+mph...........but, when fishing, ya never know when ya need them and I leave them on.

Great boat! you'll love it!
Gator

Congratulations on your new boat! Now go out there and lube the heck out of her. You are going to be staring at her for the next few days anyway so you may as well get out there and spray down your trailer and every nut and bolt you can find. Don't forget to Vaseline up your snaps and zippers on the seats, cushions and any where else, that way they will be good as new this time next year. :D

I roll mine up leaving the top 2 buttons hooked along with the slider still hooked up also. I roll the front curtian up and use bungee chords wraped around the t-top vertical supports over/under the curtian and up to the loops on my T-Bag. This way when I get to the water I can un hook the curtian, roll it down and button it up. Cold weather makes it impossible to attach the side curtians to my front but I have noticed that they really make no difference. The bungee chords are tehn used to secure a 150 quart cooler to the front of the boat. Works great overall and I highly recommend them!!!!!! :D

After first full season, I've kept the curtains on full time. I leave the 2 side panels rolled up when traveling but put them down when idle in the yard (helps to minimize permanent fogging of the vinyl). I routinely travel 20-50 miles each way to launch sites. When traveling main roads speeds of 60-70mph. So far no problems with the vinyl enclosure or fittings. Only problem is with bugs but the pressure washing after each trip keeps them under control. At the end of the season I applied Meguiar's vinyl&rubber protector and makes the vinyl look almost new.

Back