Stu

Registered Member
City
Greensboro
Hi, to all, just purchased a used 2002 190 from a neighbor. Love the boat, since I live on a lake in GA, it will be put to good use. Also go to FL during the winter, so it will get used there too.

What is the best type of top, bimini, T top etc. Just need something to get out of the hot southern sun.

Enjoy all the postings, just catching up, so thanks to all.

Stu from GA

Welcome, as for what type of top , that will depend on what you do most. If it is fishing, then a t-top would be best. If it is recreation and water sports..then perhaps a bimini top.

To a certian extent, all tops get in the way of fishing. The upside to a bimini is that you can fold it down and out of the way if the sun is not too bad or its cloudy. It does provides more shade than a T top. It also is more intrusive for fishing if you are doing any sort of casting. Life is full of tradeoffs.

Stu said:
Hi, to all, just purchased a used 2002 190 from a neighbor. Love the boat, since I live on a lake in GA, it will be put to good use. Also go to FL during the winter, so it will get used there too.

What is the best type of top, bimini, T top etc. Just need something to get out of the hot southern sun.

Enjoy all the postings, just catching up, so thanks to all.

Stu from GA

I personally do not like T-Tops because they really do not provide any real shade. They are good, however, for mounting stuff to. A bimini is the only way to go if your first priority is getting out of the GA sun.

Welcome aboard!
Now while most bimini tops can get in the way I agree... But if max fishing (casting) space is what you are looking to secure then one designed to fit inside the gunnels (non-factory) on sliders is your best bet. There is a few pictures of just such a design that I had custom built for our 190 bay in the 190 mods photo galley

Tight Lines!

Putershark said:
Welcome aboard!
Now while most bimini tops can get in the way I agree... But if max fishing (casting) space is what you are looking to secure then one designed to fit inside the gunnels (non-factory) on sliders is your best bet. There is a few pictures of just such a design that I had custom built for our 190 bay in the 190 mods photo galley

Tight Lines!

Hey Stu - listen to this guy - he has the sweetest 190 Bay there is - bar none.

Thanks

Thanks for all the responses. I'll look into a bimini top. Since I'm new to this boat, Triumph that is, any thing I should be aware of. The orginal owner took very good care of the boat and motor (Suzuki 140) But just wondered if there are any particular problems with this year and model.

Thanks again for all the help and look forward to many years on the water.

Stu

The bilge pump through-hull exit may be below the water line. It isn't a big deal for most. Mine has been re-routed to a fitting on the splash-well so that I can see if water is coming out. Other than that, enjoy your new rig.

Good to here someone close by has one of these boats. I live
just up the road from you on lake hartwell. I have a 7'x8'x58"
bimini on mine and it works great. I also have the 36" slide
tracks so when I put it down I can slide it to the front just past
the step and it dosnt take up any room.

Welcome

Welcome to the group. I live in Marietta and my sister & her family have a place on Lake Oconee.
I have a 2001 Logic 186 that I trailer. I'm normally at Lake Lanier and have been to Oconee, Hartwell, Allatoona, Jocassee [SC], Gulf of Mexico & off the coast of SC. Going to the FL Keys this November.
I have a bimini top for shade as I mostly use my boat for cruising, Geocaching and Scuba diving. My top folds to the rear. Is it supposed to fold forward?
And I thought I had the only Logic/Triumph in GA? I've been looking for 2.5 years for any other Triumph boat.

Ever hang a lure on a T top on your back cast?

I use a bimini for shade when riged for diveing and remove it when I go to Skinny water for spec's and reds

Back