New Owner 2002 210 cc

Bri11an20

Registered Member
City
Danvers
Hello Everybody - Just purchased a 2002 210 at my marina from a guy that had it stored here. Our service dept removed the locked up Suzuki 140 off it, so im currently looking for an engine. Truthfully did not know a thing about these boats until I found this website. Every time I work on the boat I have questions and in the last 24 hours they have all been answered from reading on here, so many Thanks! Received and watched the DVD tonight, that was also very informative. I know these boats are light but was wondering if anyone on here ran a 115hp engine on the 210? The 140-150 are the most common but Ive never been out on this boat so Im not sure what I should be shopping for. Thanks Again !!

Congratulations on the 210. I think there are several threads about the 115 be a little under powered for the 210. I think a 140 Suzuki or 150 Yamaha, Honda, etc. has been more successful.

I have to agree that the 115 would be a little under powered. I have a 150 Yamaha four stroke on mine and love it. Just make sure in this day and age you go with some sort of four stroke.

This forum is tops when it comes to info on our boats and the 1st place I run to when I need a question answered

Welcome aboard

Thanks guys. I found and purchased a Suzuki 140 this afternoon, 2012 with 30 hours for $6500. Its nice now I wont have the change out any rigging. I do need to find out what I need for a steering kit? Thanks

I would think if you just had a Suzuki 140 taken off and are putting one back on then your current boat steering should bolt right up unless something is wrong with the current setup.

well I am late on a reply. Just a FYI I have the same year and model with a 115 merc. yeah a bit under powered. But if you look at an overall perspective fishing in the ocean, how fast can you do comfortabley, based on conditions. I found the average speed I do is 22 knots. My 115 merc will do 35 But I promise you I would never do that in open seas, that would be nuts. Bigger motor, faster hole shot, and more top in.

I must agree with Genelie. My 210 is powered by a Honda 130 and while it's not a speed demon, it fairs well in all conditions. The extra power and speed would certainly be nice to have available but I really enjoy my great fuel economy. And as Genelie says, when you go offshore, the conditions seldom allow for additional speed anyway. Both me and my knees don't miss it.

Back