New to boating

Registered Member
City
Hillsborough
I purchased a 170cc last summer with a Yahama F60 and have enjoyed it. This is my first boat. I mainly fish inshore waters on the NC coast and fresh water lakes. I am from Hillsborough NC and I am four years from retirement. :D The wife and I bought a House at Kerr Lake (Buggs Island for you Va. folks) last fall that we are using as a weekend place and plan to retire there. The 170 forum has been very helpful to me. I found instructions on how to run the wiring that will save me a lot of headaches when installing my VHF radio. Of course if I run into trouble, I live only 5 miles from Merrit Marine. I will be on vacation next week at the lake house and plan to fish the whole week( provided the honey do list doe not get in the way). I might have some pictures to upload if I do not get skunked.

Welcome aboard newbie! Glad you have found the site helpful and we look forward to those pictures. Pretty cool that you live 5 miles from Carl, Chad, Dick and the gang at Merritt Marine. They really know their stuff. ;) Have a great vacation.

Back