New to the site From Va Beach.

Mud Runner

Participating Member
Hello to all.
Just found this site and I'm looking forward to viewing all I can and learning more about Triumphs. I run the maintenance at the recreational marinas at Norfolk Naval base and Little Creek Amphibious base. After pressuring my boss for a good while, I finally got him to agree to buy five 17' Triumphs. We should take possession in a week. I always liked the Triumphs and they will serve us well. They are replacing some tired squared bow, flat bottom skiffs that we rent to the servicemen. We have fitted the 17cc with 60hp four stroke Yamaha's. I got my boss to take a ride on one, on not so nice a day and he was sold. I'm looking forward to the reaction when they hit the marina. I haven't ridden one yet, but you can bet I'll check it out when it arrives. I'll have to do the maintenance on them so I'll be soaking in all I can. I don't expect too much in the beginning but you never know.

NCangler, thanks for the forum.

Welcome to the site Mud Runner! Glad you found us. Congratulations on five 17' Triumphs! Very cool. I hope you'll post some photos when they arrive. :)

Great move by MWR

Muddy,

I was out Sea Port Marine this weekend and heard of the great news of MWR purchase of the tough durable boats. Being in the Navy for 24 years with 2 to go I have used many a MWR boats. The Triumph boats will pay deep dividens for the Navy recreational system and help cut back on the wear on tear and maintance. Heck it should make things easier for you. My father and I will have our boat ready by the weekend 23 -24 April and docked at NAB Little Creek Slip 185. Again Congrats to the NAVY !

Rich and Pops

The KINGSOFTRIUMPH:)

welcome, and enjoy the new boats. I am sure your boss will see your choice was a good one.

Thanks to all for the welcome. The info I got about painting the bottom was a godsend. The dealer wanted $800/each to paint the bottom and my boss declined. The only thing I have to find out now is how much primer do we need for five boats and where to by it in single cans. Our supplier will only sell case lots of four. Thanks again.

Back