New Used Logic 210 Owner

donpepsi

Registered Member
City
Selbyville
Hello i'm knew to this forum and these boats owned a Chaparral before this one any tips and advice would be greatly appreciated. Currently my trailer is garbage and I need to know if the trailer specs for the Triumph boats on this site are the same for the older Logic's 2001. Thank you very much.

on the home page in a link to download specs on the trailers, you can look at it and compare with yours, OR you can send a PM to Merritt marine. I can not see a diff from a 2001, and a 2002

I am pretty sure that the basic layout of the bunk support had not changed for several years. I have an email into Chad at Merritt Marine to confirm this, but if you support the hull as in the layouts we received from Triumph a few years back and posted in our downloads section, you should be good.

Welcome from Florida and good luck, as stated they are posted on the forum do a search ...

The key is overall support. It's not just having a particular number of bunks or even that they are placed in specific patterns. But that the bunks are supported on the trailer correctly as well to prevent their flexing which will allow the hull to flex or conform to warped or flimsy supported bunks. The hull will easily warp to any shape that is supporting it or any pressure spots exerted by bunks or supports that are too small. Use wide flat long bunks that cradle the hull shape, with many brackets to prevent their flex.
Osprey Vic's trailer is a good example of a commercial trailer that is very well designed for the Logic 21.
Trailer.jpg

I built my own trailer with a variation on bunk design, which has functioned well for my Logic for over 10 years.
9.jpg
My design is to place the bunks in the areas of the hull that are the most rigid and least prone to warpage. The keel and the chine where the bottom meets the sides. I placed a full length flat V configuation in the center under the keel and a 4x10 (on edge defintely won't bend) under the outermost strakes of the hull near the chine (cut to the curve of the hull strake). That way there is no pressure pushing in on the large flat areas of the hull bottom. The four uprights just make aligning the boat easier when loading. Launching & retriving is a simple "one person" job for me.

I checked with Chad at Merritt Marine and he confirmed that the trailer bunk diagrams in our downloads section will work for older Logic boats too. Hope this helps.

Thank you all for your replies haven't been on here in a while. I did contact triumph and they led me to Merritt Marine and I now have a new aluminium trailer with stainless hardware on order. Hopefully i'll be able to pick it up by next week and get this baby in the water. I'm ready to check now on the drain plugs on this sight never had a boat like this one.

Back