new west coaster

head fixr

Registered Member
I have a 210cc and fish the morro bay area. I also travel up and down the coast from cresent city down to san quinten bcs. I would like to meet more triumph owners to buddy boat with.

Well I am glad you are up for the trips to san Quinten. Ihav eyet to take my boat there, but have been there on a scouting trip. I am in san diego / lakeside. welcome

West Coast

I head down to San Quinten and LA Bay almost every winter and Loreto in the summer, always with my 210 in tow. I have seen quite of few 210s in Loreto but never any place else in Baja.

I would live to hook up with another boater in the San Quinten or LA Bay area to cover more ground.

I'm planning on a fall delivery of a 195. You'll see in Mulege on the Sea of Cortez in the summer of 2007. I've spent about ten summers down there and can't wait to get back with a 195 in tow.

Hey HeadFixr....glad to see another 210 owner on the West Coast. Just last night I pulled into my home in the Santa Cruz mountains after a week in Baja - lauched out of Puerto Escondido, south of Loretto. My 10th trip, but first with a 210 - worked great. A bit cool and windy last week, but still managed 4-5 yellowtails, a mess of cabria and triggers, and one white sea bass.

I found the 210 fine on BC Hwy 1 - not much more difficult than the smaller 17 ft boats I'm used to towing. We drive hard - went from Mulege to trailer park just south of Ensenada in one day; then home from there yesterday. The boat on the water was superb......Barry

Im glad to meet you all. I wont be going to San Quinten until late July. May first rock fish opens at Morro, keep in touch last year we caught five lings over twenty lbs.

Im glad to meet you all. I wont be going to San Quinten until late July. May first rock fish opens at Morro, keep in touch last year we caught five lings over twenty lbs.

5 lings over 20....nice you got my attention fast,lets see morro is 3 hrs from here

We fished last year in Morro and it was incredible!
We will probably be there a few times this summer or maybe sooner.
The salmon you see on my tag came out of Monterey during a side trip form Morro.

There is a guy named Dan with a 190 I think who is always around the ramps.
Big guy and really nice. he knows the area and if you ever see him say both hello from us and ask for advice. He is quick to give it.

Look forward to maybe seeing you on the water.
We are keeping our boat for the summer in Channel Islands.
Islands, Santa barbara and Morro. Can't beat that.

Gald to met you . I have a 210C. We fish from Monterey to Mexico. Have you got into any salmon yet off of morro ?

Sounds like the beginning of a " West Coast / Mexico caravan trip for fishin.
Maybe this summer we figure out a way to do it. There is always afety in numbers in Mexico especially with people who know their way around. Ensenada, San Quintin or anywhere would be fun.

Well, our plans have changed. I had said that we were planning for a 195 in December. My wife vetoed that. Instead she voted for a 215 at the end of May and a trip to Mulege this year, not next. We ordered the boat last week and I'm furiously ordering equipment to equip the 215 when it arrives, probably middle to late May. I'll have three to four weeks to bolt on all the goodies and put 20 hours on the engine before towing to Baja Sur.

We hope to be in Mulege with our new boat, the "No Nonsense" about the 15th of June. If any of you know some nice folks in Mulege that would like house sitters for the summer, (with compensation of course) please refer them to me, [email protected].

Will post picts and details when the "No Nonsense" arrives and I bolt on all the goodies.

jergofish said:
Well, our plans have changed. I had said that we were planning for a 195 in December. My wife vetoed that. Instead she voted for a 215 at the end of May and a trip to Mulege this year, not next.

Now who said "change is bad."? Sounds like you've got a great first mate there! Enjoy!

I am expecting my new 2006 Triumph 195CC to be delivered next Saturday. This is my first real boat. I would really like to hook up with other Triumph owners. If you'd like to buddy boat some time over to Catalina, let me know. I also just joined the Vagabundos del Mar trailer boat club with the intention of heading down to Baja with some more expericed people.

Going to Mulege, Baja Sur on June 13th

I'll be heading to Mulege, Baja Sur on June 13th with expected arrival in Mulege on the 16th. That's if everything goes right and my boat's delivered in time. If that fits your schedule I'd be happy to buddy boat down.

I recieved a fishing report yesterday. The grass is in and so are the dorado.

Wonder if our two boats are on the same truck. If so, he'll probably come to NorCal first and drop mine off before driving south.

My boat has actually been delivered to the dealer already. They had to send it out for a custom cover, and they are in the process of rigging it now. I'd love to take the trip down to Mulege, but I'm a total novice. I'll eventually get down there for sure, but I'm going to take it slow because I have never towed, launched, or piloted a boat offshore before. I would like to learn what to do on local waters before tackling Baja. I'll extend an offer to anybody who wants to show me the ropes: Free ride on a new 195CC.

Katsuo said:
I'll extend an offer to anybody who wants to show me the ropes: Free ride on a new 195CC.

Hey, sounds great. I'll meet you at Leesylvania Park (Virginia) on Saturday...say about 6:00 a.m. That should give you enough time to tow it to the East Coast, right? :D :D

Back