no power under load

ray-r

Registered Member
City
Port St Lucie
I have a 2006 17cc with a merc. 60 4stroke. This weekend when I took it out I couldn't get the motor over 3000 rpms with the prop engaged. The motor felt sloppy and was louder than normal. In nuetral it still felt and sounded sloppy but would rev up. Any ideas where to start looking would be appreciated

No Load

The first place I would look is the throttle cable. Make sure it is firmly attached at the throttle lever on the helm and also the linkage on the motor. From there make sure it is properly adjusted to give a fluid movement through the entire range of the engine linkage. You want the linkage to hit its end stops prior to the helm control hitting its. This way, you will know for sure when the throttle is at its limits (why you would rev the engine this high I'm not sure). Also, make sure the cable is adjusted so that with the lever in neutral the engine idles at the RPM range specified in the manual for Idle. Do the major adjustment tiwth the engine off, then fine tune with the engine running. Hope this helps.

Back