Okay, I'll start us off...I'm NCangler..

NCangler

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Member
City
Raleigh
State
NC
Hi all. I am the creator and administrator of this Triumph owners site and a new fishing site, NCangler.com, for folks who fish in North Carolina. I live in Raleigh, NC and work as a film/video producer. I grew up in Mebane, NC and some of my favorite memories as a kid were loading up my fishing rods and biking over to Forrest Lake early Saturday morning to fish. Or the time mom, who was a hair stylist ("Beautician" back then ), dropped me off at a customers house to fish their pond. It was a great afternoon of the biggest bluegill popping one cast after another, peppered with a few nice largemouth bass to top it off! And almost every summer we'd vacation for a few days at Carolina Beach and my dad, myself and my brothers would go out for a day of bottom fishing in the Gulf stream. Red snapper, gray snapper, grouper, black sea bass, etc. Then there was that summer dad chartered a boat to troll for kings. My sisters came along and we caught several nice ones, plus a very large barracuda and a small sail fish. I've been hooked on fishing most of my life. My dad was a truck driver and he always dreamed of having a fishing boat, but never did. I wish he'd lived long enough to enjoy ours.

There were several years though, full of career, marriage and kids that kept me pretty busy and I didn't fish much. Until about three years ago when I decided that fishing was something that my sons might want to come home and do with dad someday. So I bought a 21' center console Triumph. A friend had done some marketing work for Triumph and was very impressed with the manufacturing process and ruggedness of these boats. Not to mention the great ride. So I bought one and we've been fishing out of Oriental, mostly, as well as offshore out of Beaufort about four times. There is a lot of fishing that I want to do that I haven't done yet (tarpon, cobia, striper, wreck fishing, fly fishing for specks in the sounds and brook trout in the mountains, etc.). I've got a lot to learn and hopefully at some point will have a lot to share. That is what this site is about, sharing our experiences with these boats as well as fishing and family fun on the water.

I appreciate all of you that have already joined and for those of you that are "lurking", launch out, register and join us!

Excited about the site

Great idea! As a new dealer of Triumph Boats, I am excited to see this site come about. I have several customers that I will recommend the site to. Let me know if there is anything I can do as a dealer.
:D

Thanks for the note Rick and welcome to the site! There is a great bunch of folks here that are very enthusiastic about their boats! Mind if I add a link to your site on the Links page?

Looking forward to seeing you in the forums!

Back