oregon inlet north carolina

ILLOGICAL GGC

Contributing Member
City
Washington PARK
State
NC
Oregon inlet --one of the top 5 most dangerous inlets on atlantic seaboard.

got this from a charter boat captain's site and they do this on a daily basis out there on the shoal water to get the ocean stripers in the winter

GGC

Attachments

• ACF2C59[1].jpg
    ACF2C59[1].jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 58
Thats freakin nuts to be in that...looks like they are right in the break zone. They have BIG......B.......:D

the sandbar is usually 4feet at low tide when the inlet fills in with sand from storms and on either side of the inlet you are toast if you get out of channel. in nov-late dec the linesides are in the boiling water looking for ells that have hatched in the rivers that summer and are heading out to the ocean .jan-mar they bust pogies/bunker schools in open ocean.
pucker scale of 8 maintained throughout the year!!!
GGC

when you are in the white water --you better have fishing on your mind---
i want a clear mind when i am in this stuff-- cold barley pop--- no thank you!!!!
here is another one which r e al l y shows off the conditions. special thanks to capt. rick canton of custom sound charters for posting the pics and his message board of outer banks of n.c. fishing
BTY i think this pic is taken from his 42 ft boat . he has actually had the boat bottom out on the shoal while rescueing "outboarders" as he calls them that flip their boats in this stuff..
GGC

Attachments

• InTheWhite[1].jpg
    InTheWhite[1].jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 37
Back