Power Inverter

tfink

Participating Member
City
Clayton
State
Ohio
I just bought a power inverter (Xantrex XPower Inventer 700 Plus) from Boater's World. I originally planned to clamp to the battery to use for pumping up the tube and what not. One thing lead to another and I was thinking about another idea and I'd like to run it by you all to know if it's feasible.

My thought is to mount the inverter in hold behind my dashboard (195 DC), I picked this spot because it stays dry. Using some 12/2 underground household wire, connect the inverter to the battery then install a GFCI outlet under the dash somewhere below the steering wheel. finally using a short extension cord cut off the female end of the cord strip the wires and connect them to the GFCI outlet and plug the male end into the inverter.

By using the GFCI I can cut the power at the outlet and only switch it on when needed.

Does this sound like it may work??

Thanks in advance for the input.

Tim

Gfci

It may work but I would not use a GFCI as a switch. Also, you will want to run the AC circuit with 3-conductor Marine Grade wire, and 2-conductor Safety Wire for the DC Circuit (the one with the yellow negative conductor). Hope this Helps.

I use this device in my cigarette lighter to power cell phones and other low voltage devices on my boat. I am not sure, but wouldn't this work for you?

Walmart.com: Xantrex - XPower Micro Inverter 175: Auto

0071553511164_215X215.jpg

Back