Recognized Leader and Retriver Guru
Lifetime Member
Premium Member
City
Lakeside
State
Ca
Hi all,
Not sure what forum to ask this, so I thought I would put it here.
My Jon boat = made out of alunimum ( spelling?) any way the transome after 30 years is done. I have removed all the old wood, and grinded all the drill hole areas. SO my question, do you think RULE will work on wood, and Alunimum?? as a sealant.??

Rule Elastomeric Sealant can be used to seal wood, fiberglass, aluminum, steel, and most plastics. It should be fine in what you are wanting to do.

I would think rule would stick fine but for the wood I would use a marine epoxy.

HTR

So the wood in your aluminum jon boat is at the motor mount? You could replace it with marine lumber/plastic if you don't want to use wood again or poly coat yearly.

Just a thought. good luck, Molar

So the wood in your aluminum jon boat is at the motor mount? You could replace it with marine lumber/plastic if you don't want to use wood again or poly coat yearly.

Just a thought. good luck, Molar

YES< the wood is for where the motor mounts...I guess the newer boats modified by using a thicker alum transome.I will be using the marine plywood, at $ 73.00 a 4x8 sheet...I only need 1/3 of a sheet, but they do not sell half sheets..and plastic / starboard is way more expensive on the thickness I need.

Back