Trolling Motor TM Bracket install tips

agereety

Participating Member
City
Framingham
Yesterday I successfully installed the trolling motor bracket (TM bracket) on my 190 Bay with a friend of mine. It was a challenging project. However, now that thing is on their in a very solid manner. Here are some tips that I learned:

- when cutting the hole in the storage compartment in the bow - I found it helpful to use an adapter on the drill (one which directs the drill sideways at a 90 degree angle). This enabled me to use the hole saw comfortably within that confined space.

- When you are at the stage of dealing with the backing plate within the hole - it helped me to apply a lot of rule elastomeric adhesive to the plate at stick it in place - prior to putting on the washers and nuts. Because you can only fit one arm in the hole - this facilitated the process for me.

- If you break a bolt and drop your wrench and socket inside the boat ( as I did) - use a of a magnetic telescoping wand facilitates retrieval. I thought this tool was wonderful. I also thought I was going to have a socket wrench rattling around in my hull, so I can't speak highly enough about this magnetic telescoping wand.

*On my 2008 model - the area where one has to install the TM bracket was left void of foam. So, I did not have to dig out any foam.

Back