Trolling Motor install with bow rail?

J

jconstab

I have the 17ft cc with the bow rail that goes all the way around the front. Has anyone mounted a trolling motor and if so how accessible is it and what thrust?
Also, I have a 50 hp Yamaha 4 stroke and WOT only runs at 4500 rpm's, putting top speed at 30 mph with only me on board with little to no gear. It seems like I should be getting better numbers out of this motor. Cagrove suggested a prop with different pitch. I will be getting a new prop, but was wondering if anyone had any other thoughts that might help.
Thanks!
PictureorVideo019-1.jpg

That sure is a sharp and clean looking boat. You do a great job of keeping her clean.

Like you, I sometimes think we should go faster on our 210, but we seldom "put the petal to the metal", so I keep asking myself "why spend the extra money to go faster".

I do understand that this a personal issue. Good luck on comming up with a solution.

I have the 17ft cc with the bow rail that goes all the way around the front. Has anyone mounted a trolling motor and if so how accessable is it and what thrust?

I mounted a 24 volt 71lb thrust MotorGuide on my 170CC simply because I run into a lot of current on the Potomac River when the tides go out. If you fish in calmer waters, you can get by with less. I did, however, remove the bow rail and install the smaller grab rails on the side. Some of the newer ones may be able to deploy the motor by going under the bow rail before tilting. Something to check out.

Cargrove, I would like to find a way to mount one where I can keep the full bow rail that is on there now.

I had one on my 190 bay. A fabrication store made the front part removable. Worked good but was a little difficult to mount with the curve in the pipe.

I would like a trolling motor set up like this one. I have a CC 215. What shaft length would I need for a bow mount? Does this one work with your GPS to keep correcting your position to your mark? With a single 150hp motor it will be a little insurance for getting stuck even though it will take forever to get back.

Back