running transducer wire

cichlid

Registered Member
City
Madison
Hello,

Could someone please tell me how to run the transducer wire under the chair. I was able to get the wire to my console without problem with the use of the pull wire. Now I just can't figure out how I am going to get it out from under the seat to run it over the transom. Thanks for any help

Mike

cichlid,
You lost me on that question.The transducer wire should come from the transducer over the transom,through the splaswell,under the floor to inside of the console.Then you should be able to pull it up through the back of your electronics box on your console and connect it to your depth finder.Thats the way I ran mine on my 195CC. The transducer is mounted on the stern of the boat right? Give us some more info and maybe someone can chime in with better suggestions for you.
John D.

thanks, I got it from the console to the back under the seat. I just can't see after that how I get it to the transom after that. After it is inside the seat, where do I snake it through to get it to the transom. Thanks again.

Mike

Transducer wire

Hi Mike,

If you do a search under "transducer" you should find a post where I posted (too many post?)some photos.

My transducer wire comes out of the engine splash well. I purchased a "wire through hole device" from West Marine. Can't think of the proper name right now.

The way it works: You drill a hole, insert the wire in a rubber grommet and clamp the grommet down in a plastic shell.

If you can't find the photos, I retake them and repost them.

I replaced my fish finder last week. Fortunately there was already one there which I was able to attach a nylon cord to. Once I yanked it out, I yanked the new one back on the cord. I was considering running an additional cord in case I needed to ever run anything in the future but didn't, hopefully I won't regret that some day. I only have a 150CC so it didn't have to travel far. Would a traditional electrical snake work? I use those all the time to pull wires in my house, imagine it'd work for the boat as long as you had a straight shot.

Sure, why not.

I used some heavy weed wacker line, but an electrician's fish tape should work too.

Back