Small Fry on the water soon

S

Small Fry

Well, I guess it is safe to talk about it now. I've been looking at a used 170DC and finally sealed the deal today. Was afraid if I talked about it the deal would go sour. If it turns out to be half the boat I think it is, I'll be happy. I've been looking for a while and this one surfaced out of no where. Only problem is, it comes along the same week as my foot surgery. I think having a boat and not being able to fish is worse than not having a boat and wanting to fish. Oh well, at least it will be there when I get back to walking and can get wet again. Keep writing about those 170's, I like to hear how great they are now that I own one.

welcome to the group and that 170 is a fine ride indeed

Nice of you to be so hospitable there Illogical but then you are a child of the 60's so what else should I have expected. Keep your lines tight and your beer on ice.

Welcome to the group, and congratulations on the new boat. We purchased a used 170 DC in March, and have put about 70 hours on so far this summer. While we haven't loved every minute, the bad times were usually weather or crowd related, and the boat has been great. We've had kids, grandkids and friends out, and other than a son who got wet when I came off plane too quickly (he was sitting on one of the transom seats) everyone has had a wonderful time. My only complaint is that the "fish magnet" works sporadically, and we've been skunked a couple of times.

Ron

Thanks for the welcome Ron. My boat also is used, a 2001 model. The previous owner did not purchase the optional fish magnet and I haven't had chance to locate a really good one. Will probably end up using the one from my old boat. It was a genuine "SKUNK EM I" model.....

Congratulations Small Fry. I ordered a 2006 215 Chaos in January 2006 and then had back surgery in April. It was difficult knowing the boat was ready to be picked up in early May and I couldn't do anything with it. It was worth the wait though! :)

Back