Suki 140 question

ddesrochers

Registered Member
City
South Carver
I have a suki 140 4s 2007. I took out the fuel water separator to replace and the suzuki brand filter does not say the microns. What micron raycor filter should I get?

Thanks in advance for your help. Looks like a great long weekend to get the boat in the water. I just ordered the secor matenence manual so I won't ask stupid questions like this for long. Still ver new at being a boat owner

DD

Hey ddesrochers,
Most aftermarket F/W separators come standard at 10 microns. Racor does make a 30 micron, but that needs to be specially ordered. The thing you are looking for with Racor is the gph. They range anywhere from 40 - 120gph. If you purchase the F/W sep from Atlantic Boats then most likely they will give you exactly what you need for your boat. The important thing is that you are going to have one installed to protect your engine.

-Stoney-

Fuel Filter

Don't worry about stupid questions, the only truly stupid ones are the ones you don't ask and come back to bite you. As far as Fuel Filter size. Being a new boat, I would not recommend going smaller than 10 micron. Basically, as a filter ages, it filtering capability gets better (i.e. the smaller the particles have to be to get thru) until the filter completely clogs and is of no use. I have found that a lot of the newer (post 2000) outboards dont like what can fit thru a 30 micron filter. The only way I would be comfortable recommending that size to you was a primary filter with a smaller filter mounted in line as a secondar. And that type of set-up is too much overkill for an outboard, not to mention quite costly to setup and maintain. Just my opinion, and filtration is something most people have one on. And on a side note. Welcome to the club, glad to have you.

Back