Switch to 406 MHz

I'm in the market for an EPIRB and just learned that's the USCG approved frequency...any recommendations on a reasonably priced EPIRB?

Dustoff,
I bought an ACR ResQfix PLB. This is a generation of personal locator beacons that are registered to you ,not your boat. It has a built in GPS and transmits on the 406 frequency. You can take this plb with you anywhere ,camping boating hiking, and still have the safety of an EPIRB. It is about half of the price of an EPIRB. Check it out on ACR's website.
John D.

Dustoff,
I bought an ACR ResQfix PLB. This is a generation of personal locator beacons that are registered to you ,not your boat. It has a built in GPS and transmits on the 406 frequency. You can take this plb with you anywhere ,camping boating hiking, and still have the safety of an EPIRB. It is about half of the price of an EPIRB. Check it out on ACR's website.
John D.

Thank you friday...did my research, and agree with you...bought one from Turtle Marine in NYC (best prices on the net), along with an ACR Ditch Bag, and a pair of ACR Strobes...:):):)

Back