thinking

hydrotherapy

Registered Member
City
Winston-Salem
Hello all,

I have been an avid boater and fisherman for more years than i care to count. I have narrowed down my fishing to inshore and near shore fishing along with fresh water stripper fishing. My current boat is for sale and have looked at a lot of bay boats to purchase. I am impressed with the 190 bay and would probably put a 150 e-tec on it. I just have one problem. I can't get over the plastic and have heard all sorts of rummors. I am a fiberglass man , however i can be swayed. Anyone been in my position before that can get me off the fence from personal experiences having purchased a Triumph?

First - welcome to the web site and good luck in your search for information.

Just a suggestion and I admit to being prejudice, but try reading in the "Articles" section "Why our Family Bought a Triumph". It might give you some ideas.

I had a glass boat in my younger years, and my father had a wooden hull 1950's Century Coronado. While I would love to have the old wooden hull, not the expense to maintain it, we are not interested in any more glass boats. Too much work.

Welcome Hydrotherapy,

You will find some great info here. Unlike OspreyVic, I don't believe I am prejudice one bit to the Triumph. I do belive they make a good product though. I fish my 215 offshore a lot of days every year. The Roplene hull does stand up to the condition very well and makes for a softer and smoother ride by absorbing a lot the wave energy through the hull. This very slight flexing makes a tremendous difference in the comfort of the ride in the less than desirable days. Other things like exagerated reverse chine in the bow help to make a dry ride and avoid a lot of the sneeze you may get with some other boats.

I don't know if some of the places you fish striper will require you to have a 4 stoke engine for the emission, but that may be something to think about. Just because you do not fish in a location where it is not required now, does not mean it will not be required in the near or forseeable future. It is something to think about when purchasing, considering the motor is such a hugh part of the equation.

Not every boat is perfect, but finding the one that will best suite your needs is the challenge. There are some great people here who have some great modifications done to their boats and can be very helpful. Whatever you decide, good luck and let us know.

Open Any Access Cover And Stick Your Arm In As Far As You Can And Just Sling It All Over The Place In There. When You Pull It Out ---surprise It Doesnt Look Like It Was Put In A Shredder!!!!!great Boats To Maintain And Work I.e. Make Improvements On

Back