Trailer steps

rscott

Contributing Member
City
Mentor
I read a post somewhere on the sight about someone who purchased a pair of custom steps that aid in getting into and out of the bow of your boat while on a boat ramp. This sounded like a good idea since some of the ramps I use don't have a dock at them, and climbing over the bow rail of my 195cc and stepping onto the winch to get to the ground can be a bit tricky. Since I had some time at work the other day I decided to make myself a set. I was able to scrounge up enough material to make the whole thing. I even found some aluminum diamond plate for the step treads.

full

full

Last edited by a moderator:
Very cool! You've got a product you can sell there! ;)

Thanks Randy, but someone is already selling something similar on the web. I just thought I would save myself about $300 and make them myself.

Great post, always nice to people who have the ability to manufacture what they need. Looks like a great jod too.

Thanks Randy, but someone is already selling something similar on the web. I just thought I would save myself about $300 and make them myself.

Contary to popular belief by the drive by media and others... This is a free country, so feel free to mock up some and build them for us here ;)

Though I found the first set of steps on the Net, I agree that those prices are too steep for my taste! So let us know how much to make a set, and we will see how many orders we can drum up for you :D

Contary to popular belief by the drive by media and others... This is a free country, so feel free to mock up some and build them for us here ;)

Though I found the first set of steps on the Net, I agree that those prices are too steep for my taste! So let us know how much to make a set, and we will see how many orders we can drum up for you :D

I know I would be interested...I jump up via bed of truck, and boat wench, and grab the rail and pull up, the older I get the more hard it is for me to do that.

steps

The next logical step would be to cut the bow rail and install some type of screw coupling at either end for quick removal so you could climb in without the big step over the rail. I've been planning to attempt that this spring on my cuddy.

mattie

Back