190 trailer bow winch location

pressure from my bow roller caused a crack. i added a keel roller but will need more support. triumph dealer tim in anaheim told me he knows a guy who built a v roller with 2 x 4 and bunk carpet to spread out the pressure. also, i was informed that putting the roller below the bow eye could cause problems getting boat on trailer.

Is your trailer bunk layout the same as the layout depicted in the files posted here in the forum? That was the reason I asked. It does sound like you don't have enough support under the front part of the keel (as shown in the download below). There shouldn't be much weight on the bow roller on the winch, certainly not enough to cause issues with the hull.

https://www.performanceoutdoors.net/resources/triumph-190-trailer-schematic.3/

Last edited by a moderator:
yes, that looks like my ez loader. except where it shows the v-block, i have a bow roller above the bow eye.

yes, that looks like my ez loader. except where it shows the v-block, i have a bow roller above the bow eye.
The v-block is nowhere near the bow eye. It is about fout feet back from the bow when the boat is on the trailer. It is under the front part of the keel, and is there to provide needed support at that part of the keel. I'll go out and take a picture of the way my 195 sits on the trailer. Yours should be similar.

Here's my 195CC on the trailer. Granted, yours is a 190 Bay, but the bunk layouts are very similar.

Attachments

• 016.jpg
    016.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 22
Back