Winch for 2008 EZ Loader trailer

john f

Registered Member
City
Bolton
State
Ontario
I had a strange thing happen last weekend while putting my 2008 195CC back onto the trailer. After driving onto the trailer, I was left about 2' short of being fully on. Usually this is no problem, just hook on the winch strap and crank it up the last 2'. When I attempted this I was only able to complete about 2 full cranks before the crank handle just spun on the shaft - no pull. I was able to get the boat and trailer out of the water and away from the ramp, and after inspecting the handle and where it attaches, I found that the crank handle had worn so that it wouldn't turn the winch shaft at all. I checked my EZ Loader warranty book and found that they do not warranty the winch. I also discovered that the original winch is only rated for 1800lbs. which I found strange because the 195CC with 150 Evinrude weighs at least 2500lbs.+ fuel gear, etc. I will be replacing the winch this weekend with another Fulton winch, only this one will be rated for 2500lbs. Has anyone else experienced a similar problem with a winch that is only 2 years old?

I would go to the Fulton Web Site and contact them, it appears that thet do have varying warranties for their products and it may be worth sending them an e-mail with all the info. I did check my winch after reading your post and found that mine is rated for 2,600 max line pull. Yup, after checking the book from EZ Loader, no warranty on the winch!!!

Back