Single axle upgrade to double on EZ-Loader

tshearer

Registered Member
City
Santa Clara
I have an EZ-loader single axle trailer and looking to put another axle on. I know the single axle can handle the weight, but two is always better. Has anyone upgraded their EZ-loader to dual axel? Can I order all the parts and do it my self? Thanks!

Why not give EZ-loader a call?

that trailer has the room to upgrade to a tandem axle trailer.
I am currently in the process of finding out why my Triumph 195cc came from the factory with a single axle EZ Loader trailer and want to know why the boat exceeds the GVW of the trailer, not DOT approved, and not save to carry the boat.
I contacted EZ Loader manufacture and they claim that Triumph supplied the incorrect weight of the boat and that is why EZ Loader supplied an under rated trailer. Triumph quickly realized that they messed up and that is why starting in 2007 they started using tandem axle trailers. so obviously Triumph realized they messed up.
sooo................. I have reached out to Triumph to see what they are doing to resolve this issue. still waiting on an answer back.

EZ Loader claims that the frame is the same weight capacity for the single axle and the tandem axle trailers. the only difference is the tandem axle has two axles and heavier springs.
so you could either put another axle underneath the trailer or go with the C-5 springs which are heavier springs that will be able to handle the weight. plus you need to make sure that your tires and axle will handle the weight also.

Please keep us posted when you have update from Triumph. I am on the same boat, 2006 195cc with single axle EZ Loader.

Ok so here is the deal. ...... ez loader claims that triumph gave the incorrect weight for ezloader to build the trailer and that is the reason to why the trailer is not rated for the trailer.
So talked to triumph. They claim that the 2006 triumph 195 cc weighs 2000 lbs plus 400 pounds for the engine and a full tank of gas would be 600 pounds which makes the boats weight only 3000 pounds and the trailer is rated for 3750 pounds. So they claim that the trailer is fine with the boat.

My next step is to weigh my boat with the trailer included with a full tank of gas and see where I stand.

According to the Triumph website:

195 weight with engine: 2491 lbs.

Fuel weight: 50 gal (max) at 6 lbs per gallon = 300lbs

Total weight: 2791 Lbs

So if the trailer is rated at 3750lbs you should be ok or did I miss something?

The trailer is rated for 3100 lbs capacity, and 3750 lbs GVWR.

has anyone weighed their 195cc with single axle trailer?

I weighed mine. The post was here:

https://www.performanceoutdoors.net/threads/placeholder.8161

In January, I contacted Triumph for a new trailer. My inquiry was redirect to Steve Grams, Warranty & Technical Rep of Larson Boat Group. He believes that the boat is holding water in the hull causing this excessive weight, and asked me to elevate the bow and remove the drain plug assembly at the stern. I did elevate the bow by raising the tongue jack (also my boat is parking on inclined driveway with bow towards uphill), but I could not find the "drain plug assembly at the stern" on my boat. From the link below, the drain plug should be at the splashwell for 195cc:

https://www.performanceoutdoors.net/threads/placeholder.3331

but my boat does not have the drain plug there. Here are the pictures of the splashwell of my boat:

IMG_0221[1].jpg

IMG_0222[1].jpg

My boat already has inner hull drain (maybe installed by previous owner):
IMG_0228.jpg

The inner hull drain plug is always open when boat is not in use. What Steve suggested me to do was to "fully remove the transom drain fitting, not just open the fitting but actually remove the fitting". I didn't try that because I don't believe that will release several hundreds pounds of water from the inner hull. My boat and trailer weighs 4400# and the scale station claimed the accuracy is within 200#.

Thanks for every ones responses.
I have removed the inner hall drain plugs with no water in the inner hall.
later today I am going to take my boat and trailer to the weighing station to get the actual weight of the boat and trailer.
I will keep you guys posted.

Ok I have weighed my trailer and boat at the local weighing station and it weighs 4200 pounds which makes my factory trailer 500 pounds over weight of the GVW of the single axle EZLOADER trailer. I have verified that I have zero water in my boat and no water in the two drain plugs in my inner hall. How frustrating. I have sent an email to triumph to see why they sold a boat that is not DOT legal. Once I here back from them I will keep you posted.

Wellllllll......it's not beyond the realm of possibilities......LoL :p:D

Back