2006 EZ Loader Squeaking...Alot

Stoney

Participating Member
City
Marshfield
Hey Guys,
I have a 2006 170CC that I haul on my factory EZ Loader single axle trailer. As I drive down the road it sqeaks non-stop. It doesn't sound like it is going to seize or anything. It is just annoying to me and I am sure surrounding vehicles. My Oil baths are full and free of saltwater. My question is, am I missing any greasing spots on the axle? I have crawled under it a dozen times and I can't tell where it is coming from. Maybe the springs....maybe the bunks??? Anyone else ever deal with this issue. ANy help will be much appreciated.

-Stoney-

Sounds like the sping shackles to me. Try spraying / soaking them with some PB power blast and they should shut up in due time ;)

101077_front200.jpg

Stoney,
If that is not the problem try putting a small amount of grease between the ball on your vehicle and the trailer connection.I have found that to be the culprit of constant squeaking noise on my trailer.
John D.

mine too

Mine is doing it too-sounds more like the springs.
Thanks for the advice!

Update: I couldn't find the PB power blast, but West Marine had their own leaf spring lubricant and anti-corrosive spray. One application and no more noise. Music to my ears! Thanks for the help boys.

-Stoney-

Back