Trolling motor

M

maf-va

Hi, I am a new member. Figured it was more improtant to join this network and ask quesitons before I purchased a Triumph. Live in VA area and fish a lot of fresh water lakes and rivers (Buggs Island, Potomac River and Deep Creek) about 80% of time and Chesapeake Bay 20% of time. I would like to know if anybody has mounted a trolling motor on a 190 bay or other Triumph? Is a trolling motor option even available? I haven't seen anything out of Triumph website with one. Thanks.

Maf-va,

Welcome to the site. I don't have a 190 Bay but yes you can add a trolling motor to the 190 as well as the other Triumphs. The reason you won't see a trolling motor option on the Triumph website is because Triumph does not sell trolling motors. Check with your dealer if buying a new boat or search the threads for trolling motor options. There are several threads on trolling motors.

Tom

Hi maf-va and welcome aboard. There are a number of posts on the site and photos in the gallery about trolling motor installations, particularly on the 190 Bay. You can use the "Search" tool on the home page or in the main menu above to search for posts on the topic. There is also a search feature in the gallery, but it depends on whether members added the terms "trolling motor" to their picture description as to whether or not they will all show up.

MAF-Va,
I have a 2003 170CC that I use in the Potomac River (as well as Lake Anna, Deep Creek Lake in MD, Raystown Lake in PA, etc) almost every weekend and I mouted a 71 lb thrust MotorGuide on it. It works fantastic. The only problem you may run into is if your boat has a bow rail. It may interfere with deploying and retreiving your motor. I removed my bow rail and installed two smaller grab rails just so I could use the trolling motor. Best move I made. Good luck with your search.

Back