Genelie

Recognized Leader and Retriver Guru
Lifetime Member
Premium Member
City
Lakeside
State
Ca
Hi to all, out west in southern Cal. The Tuna have finally goitten here. About 40-50 miles now. mostly around the 390. It is going to be a parking lot out there on Saturday the 23rd. Yeah I think I will join them, so if you are out give a shout on the radio......................

Just saying hey

I usually launch for a day of fishing and diving from Dana Landing by Seaworld. However, sometimes I tow north to Dana Point to head out to Catalina. If fact I went to Catalina this last weekend from Mission Bay. If you feel the need to have a 2 boat trip give me a shout. I live in Ramona. 760-443-8777.

Jim

that was during this past summer, we need dates on the post. the tuna are not even with in 200 miles yet.

Putershark said:
They are dated (top left corner) they are just a little small for us dudes over 40 to always see ;)

Dave
:D :D :D :D

what're your boats

Hi all, what type of boats are you all fishing from. I'm considering buying a triumph and can't decide with model to get, either the 215cc or the 190 bay. I live in Palos Verdes, southern california.

Go with the 215!!!

I'm a So. Cal. fisherman with a 210 (same hull as the 215 just older model) I believe you'll appreciate the larger boat with the steeper dead rise. I've never ridden in a 190 bay but with our ocean conditions and lack of shallow water here in the So. California Bight I would recommend the 215.
You shootin a Cocker???

Well it boils down to Cost, Durability and Ease of maintenance. I was on my way to look at a used boat in Long Beach in Jan. of 04 I stopped at the LA boat show and some guy was beating on a boat with an aluminum base ball bat. So I'm chatting with this guy about how durable and low maintenance the material is and my wife overhears Ron from Johnson Marine tell someone he has a 03 at the shop he's selling for what I had budgeted for a used boat. I never made it to Long Beach. No boat is perfect I think a lot of the issues have been dealt with but a 215 owner could tell you better. I don't get any water in the boat thru the scuppers I have modified my fish holds to drain overboard and my mega storage is always wet the entire center console is dry storage everything below deck should be considered wet this boat has more storage than any 21' boat I know of you just need to protect water sensitive items below deck if your washing down or taking spray over the bow I fish this boat pretty hard and I'm satisfied with my choice if you can afford it I would get a 150 motor though my 115 gets me around but I don't have any extra power in reserve.

Well thanks for the quick reply Calicokid. This boat is going to have to last me for several years and i cant afford to make the wrong choice. Do you take your boat to Catalina Island or perhaps the Channel Islands and if you do how does it perfom for you? Do you think the 215 is to big to go freahwater fishing for bass stripers and catfish at maybe lake castaic, silverwood lake and diamond valley. I still fish freshwater and it would be nice to have a boat thats good for both. thank you for your time

The 215 would probably be great in fresh water I just haven't used mine that way if my memory serves me they only draw 16" my boat has made more runs to Santa Cruz Island than any other place check the photo gallery there are some nice local shots.

Sounds good, I got a demo on friday at johnson marine Then i got another test ride on another brand on sunday. Then its off to the Fred Hall Show. Hopefully Ill have all the input I need to make an educated decision.:confused: I'd really love to go out on the open ocean and fish one before i buy, that would really give me all the input I'd need. Again thanks for the input. :D .....Psychoclown

hey did everyone here the tuna are finally here.......what do you think the odds are theres a couple triumphs out at the 390 this weekend scratching their heads.

mark said:
hey did everyone here the tuna are finally here.......what do you think the odds are theres a couple triumphs out at the 390 this weekend scratching their heads.
That's pretty funny...:D

mark said:
Sorry to get your hopes up,this was last years post.

Back